ASP (Windows server) versions
 PayPal Standard and Auto Return bug
Author « Topic »  

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  08:00:04  
We've been experiencing problems with thanks.asp and PayPal Standard Payments. We've configured our store to have PayPal automatically return to our site, on thanks.asp, following the instructions on this page

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/paypal.asp

I've double checked that the settings in PayPal are correct and that the identity token matches what we have set in our admin. The problem is that our customers, after returning to our site from PayPal, are seeing the 'no matching payment system' error, rather than their order details.

I was able to do some debugging and print out the parameters that thanks.asp receives during our PayPal orders:

POST parameters (none)
GET parameters
GET: PayerID : VEB92MHGF5MZJ
GET: st : Completed
GET: tx : 6YXXXXXXXXXXX21H
GET: cc : USD
GET: amt : 21.71

I think this is what PayPal sends to thanks.asp when people return to the website. Did something change in PayPal recently where thanks.asp no longer recognizes these fields as a PayPal transaction? Is this something you guys can correct? Or is there something I'm missing?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  08:47:25  
Recently we are getting Paypal customers placing duplicate (in one case three) orders because of something with Paypal.
We are getting IPN's, but customers must be getting some new/strange message that leads them to think it didn't go through, then they place a new order.
We've never seen it thus bad in all the years we've been with Paypal.

So, I agree there may be some new problem..

David

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  12:28:27  
We just got another 2 orders the same...
First one Paypal, then right behind it, same order with a card payment at the website.

We've never had this before. For some reason customers think the order failed and they are placing a new order.

David

ekrzycki
Advanced Member

USA
351 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/18/2021 :  16:25:09  
Same thing happening to me today. Using Paypal Advanced.

Vince
Administrator

42464 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  02:05:10  
It looks like it is missing a querystring parameter "cm", but at the same time that isn't used by us. Could you try opening incthanks.asp in notepad and search for...

elseif getget("amt")<>"" AND getget("tx")<>"" AND getget("st")<>"" AND getget("cc")<>"" AND getget("cm")<>"" then

...and replace that by...

elseif getget("amt")<>"" AND getget("tx")<>"" AND getget("st")<>"" AND getget("cc")<>"" then

...and see if that helps. Please let me know if it does and I'll get the change into the updater.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Vince
Administrator

42464 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  02:11:39  
Digging into this a bit more, it seems that that "cm" parameter is returned when PDT (Payment Data Transfer) is set. Can you make sure that's the case before removing "cm" from the checks.

Vince

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  05:10:53  
Hi Vince,

It looks like our Payment Data Transfer setting is set to 'on'. I'm not sure why that 'cm' parameter isn't getting passed. Should I still change that piece of code?

Another odd thing I noticed in debugging was that we got this for an order that was placed in October 2020:

POST parameters
GET parameters
GET: amt : 73.63
GET: cc : USD
GET: cm : 1143898
GET: item_name : 104 D28-N52
GET: st : Completed
GET: tx : 44H375736W6078428

This came in on 2/18/21, the same as that first PayPal order I posted (though that one was for an order at our store that came in that day).

Edited by - Dermontti on 02/19/2021 05:18:27

Vince
Administrator

42464 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  05:16:57  
quote:
Should I still change that piece of code?
Sure thing, it's got to be worth a go.

Vince

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  05:46:51  
Our site is also still sending out our order confirmation emails despite that thanks.asp page not working correctly. I'll see if I can change that on our development site and see what happens.

Edited by - Dermontti on 02/19/2021 05:47:48

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2021 :  08:02:18  
That seems like it worked. When I made that change I got a spinner with a message saying something like "waiting for payment confirmation" and then this:

I assume this is because we don't have ipn enabled on our development site (our local firewall is closed).

Dermontti
Advanced Member

USA
119 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2021 :  07:44:34  
Did some more sleuthing and it seems like this is a recent issue with PayPal

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Reporting/PDT-Enabled-in-Merchant-Account-but-cm-parameter-not-returned/td-p/2604316

Vince
Administrator

42464 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2021 :  02:18:56  
Ok, good sleuthing and thanks for letting us know. I guess the way to go is to see if PayPal get this sorted soon and if they don't then make the workaround permanent.

Vince

KevinRobson
Advanced Member

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2021 :  09:46:52  
I'm getting the same error "No matching payment system"
Currently using Ecommerce PlusASP v7.3.5

Has the cure been discovered?
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000