newbielearner80
Advanced Member

USA
239 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  02:52:26  
Hi there,

I am currently using ASP v7.30, I've added the following in the includes.asp, uktaxthreshold=180 and showtaxinclusive=3, and under united kingdom countries (in my test site: Great Britain and Northern Ireland) I have enabled the Tax rate to 20%, have Post-Amount to Yes (also tried no but makes no difference), HTML Symbol to $ and Text Symbol to USD. I did a few test checkouts but I dont see the Vat amount been added.

Please advise if there is any solutions to fix this.

Thank you,
Amy

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2021 :  05:21:50  
Hi Amy
Using the "showtaxinclusive=3" option is where the cart calculates tax as if it already forms part of the product price so if a shipment to the UK is charged tax, I don't think you will see a change in the product price, just that 20% of that price would be assumed to be tax and it wouldn't now be "tax exempt".

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

newbielearner80
Advanced Member

USA
239 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  02:42:05  
Hi Vince,

I have tried removing "showtaxinclusive=3" and have tried different options like showtaxinclusive=2 or showtaxinclusive=1 or not not including showtaxinclusive= at all inside includes.asp, but the VAT amount is still not showing. You have my test site ftp info (test site directory ending in 2021f), please kindly check and see why it's not working.

Thanks for your time,
Amy

Vince
Administrator

42462 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2021 :  14:04:25  
Hi Amy
I had a look at your site and it seems that there is no tax rate set for the USA so tax doesn't show on the site or on checkout unless you choose the UK as the destination in which case tax does display on checkout. Could there just be some confusion as to how this is supposed to work? If you set the uktaxthreshold parameter then that will stop charging tax for the UK as above that amount it will be collected automatically.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000