USA
239 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  19:45:06  
Hi there,

I am having 2 separate but similar issues with cart.asp/clientlogin.asp

1) When I try to log in to with under
https://mysite.com/clientlogin.asp or using the mini login widget (located top right of every page where it says"Welcome! Sign in here"), after I put in the username and password, It flashes on screen as 'Login Successful' and takes me to

https://mysite.com/cart.asp?mode=acct

but the mini login widgt still shows as I am not logged in ("Welcome! Sign in here"). I would try to login again but same thing happens. so I keep going around in circles.

2) The issue above wont allow to me login, and at times when i are able to login, i cant able to logout.

After 'Login Successful using the cart's mini login drop-down menu, everything is fine until i press the Sign Out button (on the top right of every page after i logged in) but the Sign Out button does not do anything. When i hover over the Sign Out link, i can see the url www.mysite.com/cart.asp?mode=logout but the site does not log out.

I read from the ecommerce template forum post and this person has the same issue:

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=108823&SearchTerms=cant,log,out

And the post above advises

'that looks like an issue with the session variables on the server. You should show that to your host.'

and this one (note my shopping cart software is ASP but below refers to PHP)

'It looks like the PHP session variables cannot be written as David says - it's not somethiing related to the PHP version or how you upload files but either the location where the session files should be written to is missiing or has lost permissions. Can you go back to your host with that iinformation as it's not somethiing you can fix yourself or somethiing we can do from here.'

NOTE, i have a test site under a different directory that has the same files but is not experiencing the this same problem.

I've sent the above to my website host tech support and they advise me the following:

----------------------------------------------

ASP doesn't store session variables on disk like PHP does, they are kept in the worker pool for your site (in memory) and both your real cart and your test cart use the same pool.

The only thing I can think of is that the browser is not letting the cookies be set because your real site shows insecure items being loaded but the test cart does not. Browsers are getting very strict on not allowing mixed content when doing things that involve cookies or sending data back and forth when forms are submitted.

----------------------------------------------

Please kindly advise what the problem may be and how to fix it.

I can send in my site and ftp info privately if needed.

Thank you,
Amy

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2021 :  20:18:34  
I would check the URL in the address bar to see if something is happening - like you are moving between www and non www versions of your site.
Compare this to what's set in the admin main settings.
Bouncing between http and non https url's can also produce undesirable results.

It's best to force the visitor on a set version of your site (www versus non-www) with a directive.
On a windows server, this is usually done in the web.config file.

I would investigate these things and see if you uncover anything and post back to let us know how you get along.

Thanks,
David

newbielearner80
Advanced Member

USA
239 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  01:41:12  
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your suggestions. I've double checked and the site is not moving between www and non www versions of our site. And what's set in the admin main setting matches what I have under all the site's navigation. The site is hosted on a linux server, and we have .htaccess rewrite rules to make sure all goes to https:/www. version of our site.

The problem still persist on the live site but not our test site.

Perhaps i can send my ftp and site info to you or Vince so take a look at, and once resolved I will post back the issues found and solutions here. Pls let me know where to send my ftp info to.

Thanks
Amy

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2021 :  03:17:29  
Hi Amy
I tried your site and I see the problem. I also tried on our test sites but don't get the same problem. So please do send me the site FTP login to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) and I'll see what is going on.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2021 :  05:16:06  
Hi Amy
It seems that the vsadmin/inc/incminilogin.asp was different in the two sites so I copied the one from the 2021F site to the main site and things seem to be working now. I've left the old one as incminilogin.bak.asp if you wanted to keep it.

Vince

newbielearner80
Advanced Member

USA
239 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/02/2021 :  22:35:38  
Hi Vince,

Your previous email comment to me:

"
I think I have the cause and I've set up a test script here to illustrate in case the host needs it...
https://www.mysite.com/shop/t.asp
This queries a script in the same folder and in the vsadmin folder and really just returns the session ID. In the vsadmin folder it is different and I think that is because the vsadmin directory is set up as a sub-web. Can you or your host check that in IIS?
"

The problem found by our web host is that the /vsadmin folder are setup as separate applications in IIS (you can see this in your Control Panel under the IIS/.NET section). Different applications will not share the same session variables.

I went ahead and remove the /vsadmin folder as separate applications in IIS from the files of the shopping cart files, and that seems to fixed the login issue but the logout issue is still happening. Sometimes the logout link works while other times it does not.

I ran your test script and the session variables match between vsadmin and the site's main directory.

Please kindly check if you can figure out the issue with the logout.

Thanks again,
Amy

Edited by - newbielearner80 on 03/03/2021 05:10:50

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2021 :  03:21:45  
quote:
The problem found by our web host is that the /vsadmin folder are setup as separate applications in IIS

quote:
In the vsadmin folder it is different and I think that is because the vsadmin directory is set up as a sub-web.
My pleasure. Don't mention it.

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2021 :  14:14:11  
Hi Amy
I got your email and my apologies as I thought this was closed now. But I tried on the site and the logout seems to work fine. When you have problems logging out, is there any way of reproducing it? For instance, does it happen when you are on any particular page or something like that?

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000