Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
 All Forums
 Technical
 ASP (Windows server) versions
 Credit card processing stopped working..
Author « Topic »  

claudia
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/05/2021 :  17:15:06  
Help!

In January we were notified by multiple customers that they couldn't pay for their order when selecting the "Credit Card" option and that they were getting an "Authentication Failed" message. [Payscape tells me this is an error message regarding our login and password] They were able to use alternative option of PayPal (but almost every single one of my customers hates PP).

After digging around and talking with hosting company to see if anything changed, as frankly we hadn't touched anything on our site since 2017, I remembered that one morning shortly before cards stopped being processed that my husband couldn't remember the login to PayScape, our processing company, so he'd clicked to reset the login password. Once I realized this I then went to the Payment Provider section of ecommerce template and opened the Authorize.Net AIM selection that we use for credit cards and updated the password there to match the new one that we use for when we manually log on to the processing company (to pull reports, etc).

Didn't make a difference at all. Spent a few hours on the phone with PayScape's support personnel trying different things and nada.

I figured maybe something got corrupted in our software so I purchased an update (responsive version) and paid to have it installed for me. Site looks great, fixed some issues, but still cannot process credit cards except via PayPal. I'd hoped the upgrade would fix whatever was going on since we hadn't updated in a few years and really hadn't touched anything other than the occasional adding of new products.

I'm giving all this info 'cause we cannot figure out what is going on. I've reset the password for our credit card processing company multiple times for our manual login as well as going into the payment provider section and updating the password there. I've checked the includes.asp file and it has this line in it:

authnetemulateurl="https://secure.payscapegateway.com/gateway/transact.dll"

I was thinking maybe something changed with the Auth.Net AIM option but here's the thing, I have a second company that is the exact same set up, I use ecommerce templates, I use Payscape as our processing company and it works smooth as can be.

I'm at my wits end and though yes I have PayPal set up, you'd be amazed at the emails and phone calls we get from people that hate PayPal and refuse to use it. (ugh).

Any thoughts on what could be causing the problem? Anything I can pass along to the PayScape for them to check out would be great, as I'm out of ideas.

Sorry for the long message, just trying to cover all info.

Thanks,

Claudia
oldgloryminiatures.com

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2021 :  02:19:56  
Hi Claudia
As it's an "authentication failed" error have you tried getting PayScape involved in this? They should hopefully be able to see in their logs just what the problem is when you try to process a transaction. Or, maybe they need the request / response messages which may help to find out the cause of the problem. To get these add the following parameter to your includes.asp file...
debugxmlemails=TRUE
...and they try to process a card. Then you should get to your email the transaction messages. You'll also get others from say the shipping servers but just delete those.
After doing the test, make sure you take that parameter out of the includes.asp file again.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

claudia
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  07:12:45  
Hi Vince.

I've added that line to the includes.asp file and have tried to place a few orders for testing, naturally they fail with the Authentication Failed error message.

I've yet to receive any sort of debug email/info.

What other info/setting (for lack of better word) do I need to have so that I will get an email showing the debugging info?

Thanks for your time,

Claudia

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  10:39:23  

claudia
Starting Member

USA
7 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/07/2021 :  11:07:41  
Yep, nothing in the Spam folder. checked a few email accounts just to make sure and the only spam is the stuff you'd want in the folder. No notifications from website, nothing to do with this.

Claudia

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2021 :  04:04:28  
Hi Claudia
Can you send the site FTP login to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) and I'll see if I can get the request and response.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000