Cheb
Starting Member

Ireland
25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  06:13:37  
Hi,

I wonder if someone can shine a light on a problem I'm having. Some of our product weights aren't being picked up there doesn't seem to be any difference in the ones that are and the ones that aren't. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also when I relate products the text on the button changes to orange so I know that product is done, I'm finding some are done but the button is white so I don't know which are done and which aren't.

Hoping someone can help me with this.

Manny thanks

Cheryl

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  11:10:05  
Hi Cheryl, Can you let us know more about the weights not being picked up?
Where are you seeing that?
Can you tell us how to replicate the issue?

I'm going to investigate the issue of related items buttons now showing in orange (having related items) and see if I can replicate that.

David

Cheb
Starting Member

Ireland
25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  12:39:49  
Hi David,

I enter the weight on the product page then when an order comes in and I click on the order detail the weights usually come up, now I'm finding some are shown here and others are saying 0. I'm not sure if this is related but these products aren't being pulled through to the email notification the customer receives with the links to their purchases.

I can send screen shots if you have an email address.

Thanks

Cheryl

C.SAXTON

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2021 :  13:04:45  
Hi, perhaps this is an item than is less in weight than 0.1 lbs?
If so, it's being rounded and will show as "0" on the order details.

I believe there is a new update that will show an additional decimal place there.

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113711
quote:
The Product Weight displayed in the admin orders page now has more decimal places for products using small weights in grams and ounces.

David

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2021 :  09:55:23  
quote:
Also when I relate products the text on the button changes to orange so I know that product is done, I'm finding some are done but the button is white so I don't know which are done and which aren't.
Hi Cherryl

I tried recreating this here but can't seem to do so. Could you possibly send the site FTP login to my email (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) and I'll see what's up. Please also include an example of a product which has this problem.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Cheb
Starting Member

Ireland
25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  02:25:19  
Thanks Vince, I have that sent over to you.

C.SAXTON

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  06:51:00  
Hi Cheryl
It seems that somehow, the case of a few of the products has changed (ie this.product becomes THIS.PRODUCT) but this didn't change the case in the relation. This caused an error in the javascript that sets the color for the relation as the product id couldn't be found and as it happened early, the error stopped all the other relations from displaying. What I've done is put a check in the JS function so that no error is generated in this situation and that means that all the other relations will show. The products that have this problem will not have the color set for the relation, but when you click on one, just click on "Update Relations" and they will all be set properly.

The fix for this is in the incprods.asp/php file in the updater.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Cheb
Starting Member

Ireland
25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/18/2021 :  12:23:43  
Thanks Vince.

C.SAXTON
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000