Off topic, News and Updates
 Need Advice on Email Relay Service
Author « Topic »  

xxcfdrr
Advanced Member

USA
231 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  16:32:16  
I've had it with not being able to consistently email our customers. Yahoo is the worst. Our customers don't get our emails like order confirmations, tech support and the worst is a presales question that you respond to knowing they will never see your response. AOL is the same as yahoo now, it's affecting our business. Our emails go straight to users spam box and there is no fixing it.

Is there an email relay service you can pay for that will route your emails and not get blocked? This involves zero spam. This is all email traffic coming from a very busy ECT store and all the tech support, tracking number, abandoned carts and sales emails to go along with it.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10269 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2021 :  18:28:16  
Are you sending emails from your stores domain? In other words, are the emails from someaddress@yourdomain.com?

Next, I would evaluate the format of your emails. Do you have words in your email that are triggering spam filters and sending your emails to users spam/junk folders?

Are you using the customers name when possible (%ordername%) ? That can help.

Another possibility is you are on a shared host and other users with the same mailserver (IP address) are sending spam, and this will hurt your emails as well.

Here is a good resource I have used in the past to analyze email issues - https://mxtoolbox.com/MXLookup.aspx
There are lots of good articles out there too - https://www.computer-geek.net/why-are-my-customers-not-va-79.html

Hope that helps...
David

quadrant
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1099 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2021 :  00:00:11  
Hi,

We used to have similar issues with our order confirmation emails going into customers junk folders so we configured our server to route emails through Mandrill and it's now very rare we have any issues.

It's part of MailChimp so if you are already using them you can add this on but if not you will have to subscribe to their min package which is a bit of a pain but worth it for the reliability.

I recently looked at swapping to SendGrid as it's cheaper but have not had the time.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000