Author « Topic »  

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/26/2021 :  06:27:47  
I have a site with 200+ products, 100+ of them need a description of the material the items are made out of.

I'd love to add a "tab" on the detail page with this information so I'm not adding to the Long Description.

Is it possible to combine dynamic tabs and a custom tab? I currently have INFO, REVIEWS and RELATED on the details page. Wasn't sure how I added a custom tab after RELATED and couldn't find the answer at https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/dynamic-tabs.asp

Bill

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2021 :  05:09:28  
Hi Bill
How about if I added support for a parameter, say "ecttabsextracontent" which if set just gets tagged on to the end of the long description. I guess in order to only add this to 100 of the products you would still have to add code to the product detail page such as...
if getget("prodid")="this" OR getget("prodid")="that" then
ecttabsextracontent="<ecttab title=""Extra Tab"">Tab content"
end if

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

cooper
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
2807 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/27/2021 :  06:41:09  
Vince,

That would be amazing! I wasn't expecting an addition to the cart system! I figured it was there already or someone had figured out how to do it!

Bill

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2021 :  02:45:30  
Hi Bill
I've just made the changes and added them to the v7.3 updater but can you try with the v7.3?
In the end the parameter is...

ectextralongdescription="Whatever extra you want to add"

Really, this can be use to add to the TABS or the non-tabbed long description so I chose a paramter name that was more generic.

Vince

kelleymoore
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2021 :  06:56:46  
I was just wondering about this the other day! What are the steps I need to take creating it as an extra tab rather than adding it to the Long Description?

Thanks,
Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 05/05/2021 06:57:05

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2021 :  03:06:49  
Hi Kelley
In the end the tabs are really just the long description. So to make what you add a tab it would be for instance...

ectextralongdescription="<ecttab title="Extra Tab">Whatever extra you want to add</ecttab>"

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2021 :  06:48:40  
Thanks, I'll give it a go! :) How do I assign that to individual products? Can I create unique content for more than one product?

Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 05/06/2021 07:59:28

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2021 :  04:35:47  
Hi Kelley
The idea of this is that it would be for something you would want to add to everything. It could be used for specific products with a bit of code added just before the incproddetail.asp include line, something like this for instance...

<%
if getget("prod")="firstprodid" OR getget("prod")="secondprodid" OR getget("prod")="thirdprodid" then
ectextralongdescription="<ecttab title="Extra Tab">Whatever extra you want to add</ecttab>"
end if
%>

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2021 :  06:09:26  
OK. It would be cool to be able to add it to a category of products, for example. We offer some custom made items and when things change, we have to go into the category for those products and change the Long Description for each one of them. If I could assign them a custom tab, then we would only need to change the text on the parameter for that custom tag. Way easier. :)

Thanks,
Kelley
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000