Maybe a Basic error - but not sure
Author « Topic »  

CB

USA
66 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/03/2021 :  10:05:38  
OK -- little history - sorry, but I may have messed up from the beginning.

1. I had a database from a different site that had all of the data I wanted for the new site (but the site was old, so may not have been updated to current php version)

2. I transferred the database to the new site.

3. I purchased a new template for the new site and thought I could hook it to the database. The database would not connect to the one already on the site.

4. So I decided to create a new db on the site and changed the dbconn file to the new database name.

5. When I run the createdb script it will not run

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2021 :  11:50:33  
Hi, was the old database from an ECT store?
If so, you should be able to use it.

What's the error you get when you try to run the createdb script?

David

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2021 :  12:03:48  
Hi, if you are trying to use the old database it will be on a different version than the new scripts running createdb will not work. If you want to setup a new site with a new database but migrate the information to the new database the best thing to do would be.
1. in the host control panel create a new database with new credentials make sure you assign the new user to the new database with all privileges. Set the db_conn_open with the new credentials.
2. upload createdb.php and run the script. You will now have a new day 1 database.
Next you can login to the host cpanel go to phpmyadmin look for the old database and click the export at the top, select Data Only *do not select data and structure* download the sql file for the data only. Then locate the new database click the import button and upload the .sql file into the new database that will give you all your order / product /options .. into the new database.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

CB

USA
66 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/03/2021 :  12:27:32  
Thanks Sinbad -- getting closer -- I did find that my createdb was messed up when it was attached to the template. So a clean copy helped me at least be able to run the createdb into a new db that I can import the old data into. Now I am getting errors -- dbconn - is correct with the new db name, not sure what I did wrong [url]http://www.helanbeauty.com/layer.png[/url]

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2021 :  14:59:19  
That is the import into the new database check that you are selecting the correct option on the import data only.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  03:29:00  
quote:
1. I had a database from a different site that had all of the data I wanted for the new site (but the site was old, so may not have been updated to current php version)

Just import that database to the new host, make the connection and apply the latest updater, running the updatestore.php script will update the database to the same version as your vsadmin file version

Should take no longer than 5 minutes

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

CB

USA
66 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/05/2021 :  09:39:09  
Still cant get the database to create. It is so weird -- I deleted the new db, readded it - changed the new dbconn -- same problem. [img]http://www.helanbeauty.com/errors.jpg[/img]

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2021 :  14:23:23  
quote:
Just import that database to the new host, make the connection and apply the latest updater, running the updatestore.php script will update the database to the same version as your vsadmin file version
Did you try this as Phil mentioned? This is exactly what I would do to resolve this problem. You don't want to create it, you want to update it to the same version.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000