Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  10:35:44  
On my site (https://nashvillemusicianssurvivalmanual.com/) when someone tries to make a purchase and clicks on the "Check out with PayPal" button (not the "Checkout" button), this error message comes up:

PayPal Payment Pro error: Security error
Security header is not valid

Nothing has changed on this site for quite a long time and it has been working fine until recently.

Can anyone tell what is going on?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  10:43:45  
The same error was reported here

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113950

What Paypal service is this? Paypal express, or paypal payments?

David

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  10:50:01  
I do not have the API Credentials set up. I have clicked the "Email address to receive PayPal Payments" and entered the correct email address in there. It has been set up that way for about 10 years.

This happens when you click on the "Check out with PayPal" button - which is PayPal express, I assume.

When you click on "Checkout" and go through the process of entering your information and then being sent to PayPal, it works fine with no error message.

What do I need to do?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  11:37:16  
With that other thread, it may be possible there was some communication there that wasn't part of the thread.
I'll send a message to Vince and see if he want take a look at your post here.

Thanks,
David

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2021 :  11:58:31  
I think that previously you could use PayPal Payments Pro by just entering an email address and fill in the necessary credentials later, and some people left things like that. But I think that PayPal may have stopped this and you need to have the credentials setup in the Payment Providers admin page for PayPal Express or PayPal Direct Payments. Could you check to see if that's the case?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000