Author « Topic »  

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/12/2021 :  11:06:53  
What do I add after the print $productid; to include the drop down options in this function?
I am using it as an email for price and would like them to pick the options and have it included in the email automatically.

Currently it only print the productid, so again I want to include the drop down options.

<!-- Request a Quote Button -->
<script>
var ques = ('Email for Price'); // <--- change Email for Price to anything you like
if (document.getElementById('askaq') != null) {
var askque = ('<input value="'+ques+'" class="askaquestion" onclick="openEFWindow(\'<?php print $productid;?>\',true)" type="button">');
document.getElementById('askaq').innerHTML = askque; }
</script>
<!-- end request a quote button -->

Michelle L Cosen

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10266 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2021 :  12:39:30  
Hi, that looks like some code I wrote, but where are you using this?
If it's on the product detail pages, then you would not use that code.
Just add some parameters to add a question there.

From this page - https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/parameters.asp

quote:
In Version 6.5 you can add up to 9 extra questions to the Ask a Question screen like this

$askquestionparam1="Extra Param1";
$askquestionrequired1=TRUE;
$askquestionhtml1='<select name="ectfield" id="ectfield" size="1"><option value="">Please Select...</option><option value="Test 1">Test 1</option><option value="Test 2">Test 2</option></select>';

$askquestionparam2="Extra Param2";
$askquestionrequired2=TRUE;
$askquestionhtml2='<select name="ectfield" id="ectfield" size="1"><option value="">Please Select...</option><option value="Test 1">Test 1</option><option value="Test 2">Test 2</option></select>';

$askquestionparam3="Extra Param3";
$askquestionrequired3=TRUE;
$askquestionhtml3='<select name="ectfield" id="ectfield" size="1"><option value="">Please Select...</option><option value="Test 1">Test 1</option><option value="Test 2">Test 2</option></select>';

David

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/12/2021 :  13:07:37  
Hey Dave: I actually used the similar to what you are showing below.. but that is generic to the button.

Here is an example link: https://www.cpcsigns.com/proddetail.php?prod=Shield-Bouche-%7C-Special-Routed-Shapes-%7C-Aluminum-Sign-Blanks

I'd like them to be able to pick the drop down options and have it auto print that info in the email rather than just the product id.

without this additional info, sales has to call them to get details before quoting. so if it prints in email, it helps the sales team to provide a quote without calling to ask what options they want.

Michelle L Cosen

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10266 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2021 :  18:57:21  
Hi Michelle, I do see all of the questions that are being asked there, but are you saying the answers are not coming through in the email?
I've not used the additional questions before, but I fee certain the answers should come in with the email.
Let us know what your getting back in the email.

David

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/13/2021 :  07:53:23  
what doesn't come thru is the Product drop down options in the body of the box where it auto prints the productid.

I'd like the customer to pick the size, and other parameters, then fill out the email for price form, otherwise the info is not complete.

The info they must enter works fine. I just want to include the product drop down selections where the product id prints.

Michelle L Cosen

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10266 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2021 :  08:38:52  
Hi Michelle, there's no way for the ask-a-question to pick up the product options that the customer has selected.
Do all of your products work like this?
If so, perhaps you an set things up where the customer can submit an order without payment and then you quote based on that..

David

cpcsigns
Advanced Member

USA
139 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/13/2021 :  08:43:56  
Most of our products are priced. Some new ones just haven't been priced yet. and the powers to be aren't ready to remove the minimum order restriction to allow zero priced items to add to cart for quote.

You answered my question. So thanks. It'll be what it is for now on the small percentage of items not priced yet.

Michelle L Cosen

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10266 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2021 :  11:00:10  
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000