Author « Topic »  

rdrubin
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/09/2021 :  10:30:01  
We are using the setting default (php) for emails. About a week ago the system stopped sending emails to customers and ourselves for orders. We didn't change anything. One thing that happened about a week ago was that GoDaddy migrated our website to another server. Wondering if that has caused the problem and how to fix it.

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rich

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2021 :  11:39:35  
Hi Rich, this is posted in the ASP forum but it appears your site is PHP. Have you spoken with Godaddy regarding the emails not working when sending from the domain, that's where I would start since they migrated you to a new server.

If you are using phpmailer below are the parameters needed in the vsadmin/includes.php Godaddy should be able to verify the credentials.

Email SMTP Service = Use PHP Mailer
SMTP Username = will often be your business email address, the same as you entered in the Email Address
SMTP Password = your email account Password
SMTP Host = will often be mail.yourbusiness.com
SMTP Port = 587
Email "From" Name = without this, the email message will be received as From : Root User.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

rdrubin
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/09/2021 :  13:31:42  
Hi Sinbad,

I will contact Godaddy but I am a bit confused about your response. The ECT Main Admin page has fields that appear when PHP Mailer is selected as the email option. Do we also need to add these fields to the Includes file? Is PHP Mailer built into ECT as the option....or does it have to be installed on Godaddy's server?

Lastly -- My customers are received emails but we are not receiving confirmations. Can you think of anything that would trigger this anomaly?

Thanks,
Rich

ekrzycki
Advanced Member

USA
351 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/09/2021 :  13:43:58  
Emails was one of the main reasons that I left Godaddy. Occasionally they just stop working. Contact Godaddy - their canned response was always "there is something wrong with -your- code". And then magically the problem always fixed itself right after their response.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2021 :  14:40:16  
Hi yes they were moved from the vsadmin/include to the admin main setting. The problem sounds like emails are not working when sending within the domain so you are not getting the confirmation emails where as your customers are because their email address is outside of the domain (yahoo@xyz.com) where yours is within the domain sales@mydomain.com try explaining to Godaddy.

rdrubin
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/09/2021 :  14:48:52  
Attached is what Godaddy recommends - IT DIDN"T WORK

Sending mail through other providers isn't allowed, so you'll need to use the following settings:

Port: 25
SMTP Authentication: False or none
SSL or Secure Connection: None
Server or Host: The relay server you need to use depends on the type of hosting and script you use. What type of hosting account do I have?

Linux (cPanel)
Use localhost unless:

You use PHP script and the mail() function.
You use Perl script and the /usr/lib/sendmail binary.
In those cases, you do not need to specify a relay server.

I have tried every combination of hosts/ports/etc. settings without success and do not know where to revise ECT code with additional PHP script as referenced by GoDaddy.

The weird thing is that when I select the option: Use default PHP mail () function for the ADMIN email setting--- then customer emails confirming their order are mailed perfectly. But ECT does not send the confirmation to our store. How can it send emails successfully to the customer’s email address but not to our Store email address? Please review this info and provide help with a fix.

Thanks,
Rich

rdrubin
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/11/2021 :  04:27:29  
Finally got someone at Godaddy who understood the issue and provided a good fix. The issue occurs when the email address that is entered in the field that you want orders sent to (On the ECT Admin page) has the same domain name as the website domain. Has to do with spam and fraud checking on shared Godaddy C-Panel Linux hosting accounts

The work-around is to use an email address with a different domain name and set-up email forwarding on that address to the email address you want to receive Order Confirmations, etc. Godaddy does not provide any other work-around to correct this issue – except to upgrade to an expensive business account at $40.00 / month with a dedicated server. Apparently the fraud and Spam checking for this issue is not implemented on their dedicated server business accounts.

Interesting to note that I spoke with three Godaddy tech support personnel. The first two were useless and said they couldn’t resolve it….that it was the responsibility of ECT to modify its code. It was only after my insistence that it was a Godaddy issue and that I was prepared to switch hosting companies when the issue was escalated to tech#3 who actually worked in sales and quickly understood and resolved the issue.

This issue is very apt to surface again from Godaddy customers who were recently switched from Classic to C-Panel hosting account. Godaddy is doing it automatically to all of their customers with Classic accounts without charge and without consent (probably costing them less to operate). Hope the above helps others faced with the same issue.

Cheers,
Rich

Edited by - rdrubin on 07/11/2021 04:30:24

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2021 :  08:12:51  
Hi Rich, glad you were able to sort it out with a work-a-round. trying to explain it can sometimes go over their heads

quote:
has the same domain name as the website domain

Jennye
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
752 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 10/23/2022 :  11:56:44  
I have the same problem, however, Bluehost is the host and they were no help at all. I checked the settings and we are getting order confirmation emails, but the customer is not getting a confirmation email when their order is finalized. Any help would be appreciated! Jennye

Jennye

ian george
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2022 :  08:50:35  
Hello

sorry but my site is asp

and all parameters were set

just wondering if it would have changed with the updaters
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000