Author « Topic »  

Ed201
Starting Member

25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  07:35:56  
with old store design it was in includes.php file

// Currency Symbol Override (Only set to TRUE if you want to change the default currency symbol)

$overridecurrency=TRUE;
$orcsymbol=" USD";
$orcemailsymbol="US\$";
$orcdecplaces=2;
$orcdecimals=".";
$orcthousands=",";
$orcpreamount=FALSE;
$orcurrencyisosymbol="USD";

I tried it with new template it does not work. I want different country but currency as USD.

I have only USD if I change the country to USA

I see that I can choose USA in admin page then I have prices in USD but then I have problem it does not added TAXES to local customers in Canada. And the only option I see I can setup taxes to states. But I am not located in USA and I do not added taxes to US customers.

Edited by - Ed201 on 07/10/2021 07:55:42

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  11:39:38  
Hi Ed201
This has all moved to the ECT Admin Countries page. Just click on Modify for Canada and you can change the currency symbol etc there.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Ed201
Starting Member

25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/10/2021 :  12:00:04  
the only thing I see is :

Store Settings --> Country Settings:

on main settings page.

I can change country to USA then I have prices in USD. I do not see there there is an option to modify for Canada.

the only option I see

shipping admin -- > countries -- > Canada I see that I can add tax there but it varies from province to province, I can't adjust tax for each province unless I choose country Canada in Store Settings.

the way I have it setup that the Payment processors is in USD

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2021 :  11:45:14  
Hi Ed201
When you see the list of countries on the main Admin Countries page, don't you have a column on the right for each country which says "Modify"? You need to click on that for Canada.

Vince

Ed201
Starting Member

25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/12/2021 :  06:29:05  
Hi

is this what you mean ?

http://www.sopot.net/countries.jpg

I can modify CDN$ to USD, correct ?

But there is only one tax rate. Which is no good. Each province has different taxes. There is HST, GST, PST

So I cannot set the same tax rate for the whole country. I have to setup tax for each province, this option is only available if I choose Canada in main settings page instead of USA.

The reason I need USD is that most customers are from USA and overseas. They do not understand the exchange of Canadian Dollar and they think that it is USD.
Plus the processing gate (merchant account) is in USD so I cannot use CDN even if I wanted.

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2021 :  11:28:55  
Hi Ed201
quote:
But there is only one tax rate. Which is no good.
Isn't your country set to Canada on the admin main settings page? If it is then you should be able to set the tax for each Province.
But isn't it going to be a real mess tax wise setting in USD but charging tax per province?

Vince

Ed201
Starting Member

25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/14/2021 :  06:12:25  
Hi Vince

there is another problem, a lot of shippers are handing duties and taxes. So package is already cleared. Because it is pain in the ass to handle it by customer and they will not come back shopping.

If I am in USA there is no way to setup taxes, duties, brokerage charges if shipped to Canada. Each province is different, different tax rate.

The same goes for EU.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000