Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

RJB
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2021 :  11:41:48  
I've been receiving a lot of spam gift certificates every day over the last few weeks. They always have spammy text, zero value and are inactive. I am using Google reCapatcha, $giftcertificateminimum and $blockmultipurchase but they keep coming. Is there anything else I can do to stop this as I'm getting tired of deleting them all the time.

Richard.

Steved
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1022 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/12/2021 :  12:05:24  
Me too Richard. I'm pretty sure they're being made by bots. I've been trying to work out if I can add a math or image captcha as well as the google recaptcha just to try and trip them up. No luck so far.

Steve

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7609 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2021 :  05:12:06  
I got fed up of my contact form being abused even though I have Google recaptcha on it, so I added a script to redirect to a blank page anybody from Russia, China, India and a few other countries.

So far it's worked a treat, if I do get any more I just add their country to the redirect script. They all come from countries I would never deal with so it works well for me.

Contact me if you're interested.

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

RJB

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2021 :  12:16:15  
Thanks for the offer Phil. Your script sounds like a very good solution but I suspect this would be another thing to re-install with every store update and I'm trying to avoid this where possible. The spam seems to have slowed a bit over the last couple of days so I'll wait and see how it goes before doing anything.

Richard.

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7609 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2021 :  02:46:38  
Hi Richard,
There's no modification to the ECT files, it's just an include line that's added to the front end

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

RJB

United Kingdom
777 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2021 :  11:33:01  
Thanks Phil, that sounds like a good solution. I'll drop you an email.

Richard.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000