2 Issues before and after update & Quick Question
Author « Topic »  

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2021 :  10:24:36  
Hi,

I am having 2 issues with my site on the admin side. I was hoping the update would fix it but unfortunately it didn't.

The first is the same issue some Firefox users were having where they couldn't change the dropdown box on quick entry box on the admin products page. When I select a different choice, the page seems to refresh but still shows what was previously selected. Right now it's stuck on "Stock". This only happens on 1 of my computers when using Microsoft Edge.

The second issue is I can't get the custom fields to show up on the admin products detail page. I would like to add a custom field for only the admins that has the product location to make it easier for people to find the item in our shop. I have added this to includes.asp:

admincustomlabel1="Location"
admincustomlabel2="Custom Title 2 "
admincustomlabel3="Custom Title 3 "

Nothing shows up however.

Related to this, is there anyway to have the packing list print the location so people can find it when they go to pick the orders?

One other question related to this. Is there anyway to have to product id's share the same inventory? I have several part numbers that are the same object but need to have different part numbers for marketing reasons.

Thanks,

Phil

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2021 :  01:11:14  
Hi Phil
quote:
This only happens on 1 of my computers when using Microsoft Edge.
Have you tried just clearing the cache for that browser?

quote:
The second issue is I can't get the custom fields to show up on the admin products detail page.
The Custom columns are set to appear on the Admin Products page only if they are used in the detail or product page layouts. Are you using a hidden vsdmin directory? If so, how about adding "custom1" to the detailpagelayout parameter for the hidden vsadmin, and which will have no effect apart from to enable that item.

quote:
Related to this, is there anyway to have the packing list print the location so people can find it when they go to pick the orders?
I'm afraid not as that column is only for display on the products or product detail pages.

quote:
One other question related to this. Is there anyway to have to product id's share the same inventory?
How about using Alternate Product ID's. Just have a straight replacement of the alternative id for the actual one.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2021 :  01:18:21  
Hi,

Tried clearing the cache several times, no luck. I'm not using a hidden vsadmin so I'll have to come up with something else for the location, thinking of somehow using the product attributes feature for that. I tried to create the alt id but couldn't seem to figure it out. For example part numbers ASM20 and ASM40 are the same item. How would I enter them in alt id to make them share inventory levels?

Thanks

Phil

Vince
Administrator

42455 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2021 :  03:58:59  
Hi Phil
quote:
For example part numbers ASM20 and ASM40 are the same item. How would I enter them in alt id to make them share inventory levels?
I'm sorry but I've been thinking more about this this morning and I really don't think this is going to work.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2021 :  21:22:09  
Ok. Thanks. Perhaps a feature that could be added in the future? For now I'll figure something else out.

Thanks,

Phil
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000