CSS Issues after update
Author « Topic »  

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2021 :  01:35:21  
Hi,

After poking around a bit after I applied the latest update, I have noticed a few layout issues. On any of the product, product detail or categories pages the breadcrumb navigation at the top is now stacked vertical with the checkout button below it. How can I fix that? Also, the page numbers are all compressed and no longer centered. Here is a link to a page that has the issues:

https://www.ssfirearms.com/products.asp?cat=177

The checkout button, notify when back in stock and add to list buttons all have large blue borders around them now. How could I remove them?

I am using Microsoft edge but see the same issues in firefox and chrome. Firefox and chrome also have the the navigation panel options on the left side overflowing onto the main body of the page. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2021 :  03:21:27  
Hi Phil

Adding this to your css file will remove the checkout button & should straighten things out

div.catnavcheckout {
display: none;
}

Steve
Bolton Lancashire

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2021 :  23:04:19  
Thanks, That fixed the layout. I still had to change a few other things to get it looking like it was. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is how to get the notify back in stock link centered on the detail page. After the update it kicked of to the right. It did the same on the products page but I was able to fix that. Here is an example page, you can see it's almost hidden by the right side column.

https://www.ssfirearms.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BKA001

Thanks,

Phil

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2021 :  01:33:09  
Hi Phil
In the style sheet, css/ectstyle.css around line 226 there is this...

div.detailaddtocart {
float: right;
text-align: left;
margin-left: 2px;
margin-top: 50px;
width: 10px;
}

If you remove the "width: 10px" from that then that will put the button in position. But then you have this in the css/ectcart.css around line 99

button.notifystock {
background: none;
color: black;
padding-left: 16px;
padding-right: 15px;
}

That isn't part of the default ectcart.css file and it's not normally a good idea to edit it as edits will be overwritten by updaters. If you want to make changes it's really better to add the new definitions to your site style sheet and leave ectcart.css alone. But in this case I would probably remove that and let the notify in stock style as the rest of the buttons.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

phil10945
Advanced Member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2021 :  21:44:14  
Hi Vince,

Seems like it fixed the issue in chrome and firefox but it is still off to the side in edge.

As far as editing the ectcart.css it seems that after every updater my layout gets messed up (Sometimes to the point of being unusable) I have been keeping track of what changes I make (This forum has been a big help in fixing it as I'm not too familiar with CSS), then after every update go in and redo them to make it look ok. I will definitely add the new classes to the regular style.css as this will save time. I just noticed another one as I was checking on some things. The search button is cut in half. See below for an example:

https://www.ssfirearms.com/search.asp

I changed the notify button because it just looked too overpowering on the products page and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks,

Phil

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2021 :  02:40:57  
quote:
Seems like it fixed the issue in chrome and firefox but it is still off to the side in edge.
It looks fine to me in Edge now, and also Chrome and Edge are based on the same code so it could just be a caching issue.
quote:
I will definitely add the new classes to the regular style.css as this will save time.
I think this will solve your updating issues too.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000