PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 unable to connect to paypal
Author « Topic »  

tgorski
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2021 :  14:52:06  
We tried to change our client's online payments (PHP V 7.26) from PayPal Express to PayPal Standard so his customers could use major credit cards for their purchase, but kept getting the “Sorry there has been an error” message, so we backed off on the return to website stuff, and turned those settings off in the PayPal account.

Now I don't get a PayPal payment link after completing customer info, yet my partner DOES get the link, but still resolves to “Sorry there has been an error”.

We saw the post about need additional files for version 7.26, so we just updated to 7.35 (while I restarted my computer) thinking that would solve the problem, but we both continue to have the save issues.

Has any body successfully dealt with this issue? We see there has been quite a bit of PayPal related posts.

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2021 :  00:39:19  
Hi Tim
PayPal Standard is one of the simplest setups going and you only really need to make sure the email address of the account is correct. Can you double check that email address in the admin payment providers page for PayPal Payments Standard and also maybe let me know the URL of the store so I can try the checkout.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2021 :  08:06:51  
I agree it SHouldn't be more easy ... that's what makes it so frustrating ... I seem to run into PayPal difficulties almost every time I interact with it.

mbaudio.net ... same problem with Online payments or purchases.

Thanks Vince ... email me if you need a closer look at things.

Tim Gorski

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2021 :  12:54:56  
I DID verify the email address, and the site domain is https://www.mbaudio.net/.

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2021 :  14:03:38  
Hi Tim
I had a look at your site and copied the <form> to a test page here and got the same result as on your site when I tried to POST the form. Then I tried changing the email address which is the "business" parameter to our company email address and the form worked and I got the PayPal payment page. So I really think you need to take this up with PayPal as to why the email address for the PayPal account you are using is not being accepted.

Vince

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2021 :  10:40:30  
I've reached out to PayPal Tech Support and cc'd you on the message in case you and PayPal not a confab ;-)

One development we noticed, Vince, is that when we have PayPal Express OR Standard enabled along with email notification, we see BOTH a PayPal and checkout button BEFORE completing the billing information, then when we click the checkout button, my partner gets the Billing info page with those same 2 buttons (but I do not), and when he clicks the Checkout button, he is taken to a "Select Shipping method" ... when making a Direct Payment?!

That behavior is not right, but I don't know which side of of the transaction it's coming from: Ect or PayPal?

Tim Gorski

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2021 :  15:11:43  
I just got off the phone with PayPal Tech Support and they said that the credit card option for PayPal Express is DISABLED on the website … he said that in the code, the “SOLUTIONTYPE” SHOULD BE “=SOLE”.

For what it is worth, my support ticket started with changing “from PayPal Express to PayPal Standard so his customers could use major credit cards for their purchase”, but clearly the bigger problem was that PayPal Express SHOULD HAVE BEEN accepting credit cards, and THAT is the problem.

Please let me know what we can do to get this issue resolved.

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2021 :  15:18:49  
Hi Tim
quote:
he said that in the code, the “SOLUTIONTYPE” SHOULD BE “=SOLE”.
I'm really not sure where that should be changed. But this works for everyone else and has worked for you before. This really seems like a configuration problem on the account. But can we ask where this solutiontype should be changed as I have no idea where that is set.

Vince

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2021 :  10:28:21  
I just checked with paypal support again, and they said that "solutiontype=sole" is MISSING from the connection string, which is why the pay with credit card option is not being offered with PayPal Express.

They said you're welcome to call them at 855-684-1965 or to check out the docs at https://developer.paypal.com/ (I did a search there for "solutiontype" and found 5 articles).

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2021 :  11:20:57  
Hi Tim
The idea behind PayPal Express is that the customer logs in to their PayPal account and then our cart can get the address details from that, rather than them having to type the details in manually. If the customer has cards registered in their account then they can use those no problem. But if the customer doesn't have a PayPal account then there is little benefit to using Express in my opinion as there is not account to get the customer details from. What I would do is offer both Express and Standard and that's where this started. Can't you push them to sort out what is happening with your account when using Standard?

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000