Suggestions - NOT QUESTIONS
 Stock Notification Not Working
Author « Topic »  

kelleymoore
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2021 :  08:10:25  
This actually isn't a new issue and I don't know why I haven't brought it to your attention yet, but we do our inventory updates using the .csv file upload. Therefore, the inventory for the individual products is updated from those files, not by manually editing the product and hitting submit.

We also have the Stock Notification option set up for customers to submit their email address to be notified when a particular product becomes available. Well, it doesn't automatically send emails to those customers even though the product was updated via the .csv file as having stock. So, we have to manually check our Stock Notification list for the hundreds of customers that are on there waiting to be notified and if we find a product with inventory, we have to open it up and then click submit to get it to send the email.

This is extremely time-consuming. Is there any fix for it?

Thanks,
Kelley
Ecommerce PlusASP v7.4.1

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2021 :  10:57:21  
Hi Kelley
I was going to start looking at this, but I think I realize now why the CSV upload doesn't send stock notifications. When you've finished the CSV upload, go to the admin products page and under "Select Action..." on the left you should have a button, "Stock Notif. (x)" with the number of outstanding stock notifications. If you click on that button and click on "Send All Stock Notifications" then it will send and clear the notifications for items that have enough stock. Can you try that and see if it does what you need?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2021 :  12:40:06  
Hi Vince,

I do see that option, but I thought by doing it, it would send stock notifications to all of the folks on the list. I sure wouldn't want to do that. So, just to be clear, but clicking on the button at the bottom that reads "Send All Stock Notifications", it would just send emails to the ones that actually have stock available (showing a plus number in the In Stock field in adminprods.asp)?

Please confirm.

Thanks,
Kelley

Edited by - kelleymoore on 10/07/2021 12:42:24

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2021 :  12:59:34  
Confirmed . . . and I see what you are saying that the text could be a bit confusing. I'll look into changing it.

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2021 :  02:59:44  
Hi Kelley
I've changed the text to...

Send Stock Notifications (Where stock available)

...which hopefully gets the point across a bit better.

Vince

kelleymoore

USA
986 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2021 :  08:53:02  
Awesome! Thanks so much, Vince! :)

Kelley
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000