ASP (Windows server) versions
 Show price after PayPal fee and sales tax
Author « Topic »  

mxzrxp

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2021 :  12:05:21  
Try this one on:

We need to sell items so that with the PP fee and the sales tax it comes out to an even dollar amount so the people at the office window do not have to make change. (I kid u not)

Note a problem I created a sheet that back calculates the price so that when the shopping cart adds the paypal fee and the sales tax we get an even dollar amount.

So: "selling price"+ "PPFee" + "Sales Tax" = $X.00
Ex: 8.73 + .84 + .43 = $10.00

QUESTION:

How can I show the sale price as $10 ?? And do the calcs in the background. When they get to the shopping cart the grand total says $10.00

Is that even possible? seems way weird to me, but the customer is always right

LMK if this can be done.

THANKS in advance for any assistance!
m

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2021 :  12:53:34  
The paypal fee is not part of the customers price. Really it should just be a matter of setting the price to the right amount so when sales tax is added, it comes to an even amount.
The paypal fees are not part of customers price.

David

mxzrxp

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2021 :  12:33:34  
thanks david, but maybe I did not explain it properly.

1. Of course the PP fee is part of what the buyer pays in total is what i meant??
2. And I can figure out how to get to an even $$ amount.

To do it I need to show a price like $8.73 for the item, then the system adds sales tax and PayPal (in this case) ads their EFT and the price comes out to a round $10.00 (for example) and hits their card. GREAT!

All the calculations are correct.

What I want to do is show the selling price as $10.00 and not $8.73 and I can put a note in the description that the price is all inclusive.

I am "thinking" I could hide the price from the detail page and show the price in the description...

When they get to the checkout the total charge is $10.00.

Does that make any more sense?, it does in my head...

I would rather not edit the code so updates go smooth as they do now. But a code edit is not out of the question.

I really appreciate you time on this, I know this seems to be a bit of an odd question, it was to me when the customer proposed it.

Any assistance is always appreciated!!

thanks
m

Edited by - mxzrxp on 12/09/2021 12:35:40

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2021 :  14:42:58  
Hi, you just need to set a parameter in your includes to force the tax inclusive pricing

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/parameters.asp#tax

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000