Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

ecart
Advanced Member

123 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2021 :  17:13:28  
Hello,

I have a client whose current website is using version 6.0.7.

Their new site (under development) is using version 7.3.7, which is on a staging server while the other site is still active. The records from the currently active site were imported once (by Phil) into the new site on the staging server a few months ago.

There have been new orders, mailing list entries, etc., added to the current public site. The new site is ready to launch. How do I update the database on the Staging server with the new entries from the active site (version 6.0.7) so it will be up to date? Which tables/records should be imported?

Thanks,

Stan

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10271 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2021 :  17:27:01  
I suggest have Phil do the same as before to get things current.
David

ecart
Advanced Member

123 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2022 :  09:36:01  
Hi David,

Phil is unable to work on this at the present time.

Stan

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10271 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2022 :  17:12:29  
In that case, I would backup both databases, and use phpmyadmin (Your host likely have this installed on the server) to backup the database on the live site and restore it on the new test site.
Thanks,
David

ecart
Advanced Member

123 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2022 :  18:50:57  
The problem is that some of the database fields changed from 6.0.7 to 7.3.7.

ecart
Advanced Member

123 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2022 :  18:52:47  
Also, additional products have been added to the new test site.

ecart
Advanced Member

123 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2022 :  19:13:16  
What I need is to get the new orders placed on the public site added to the new test site. I don't know which tables are related to the orders table that may also need to be updated in the new site.

The same is true for the new mailing list entries to the public site, as well as the additional customer login accounts.

I don't want to overwrite the data structure of 7.3.7 with 6.0.7, so if the individual tables need to be imported into the test site (7.3.7) the field names need to match, and I'm not sure if there is a specific sequence for the individual tables to be imported so the relationships are maintained.

Thanks,

Stan

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2022 :  04:36:48  
Hi Stan
The tables in question for new orders are the orders, cart and cartoptions tables. There are relationships between them so they all have to be updated if you update any of them. Try exporting the contents of those tables and import into the staging server and see how it goes. If you take a full backup of the staging server first you can always go back if anything goes wrong.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7617 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2022 :  04:41:28  
Hi Stan,
Keep backups in case things don't work out!!

So sorry I'm not available to do this so here's the exact procedure:

1. Export your 6.0.7 database to an sql file, create a new database named for example 'updated' on your staging server, import the 6.0.7 sql file to the database 'updated' then apply the 7.3.7 updater to that database so all the tables are updated.

2. You then need to export the following tables using the custom export method with the drop table statement from the database named 'updated',
address
cart
cartoptions
customerlogin
mailinglist
orders

3. Import the exported sql file into the staging server site database, login to the admin and check everything is up to date.

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

ecart
Advanced Member

123 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2022 :  21:48:34  
Hi Phil,

Unfortunately, the host only allows one database per site. But, I think a workaround could be to push the staging site to the live environment (since it isn’t actually live until I point the DNS to it, so it will act as a temporary site), then import the current 6.0.7 public site’s sql file into the 7.3.7 staging site’s database, run the update, and then export the tables.

Next, delete the staging site, and create a new staging site from the site in the live environment. Then import the tables and check to see if everything is updated.

Stan

ecart
Advanced Member

123 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2022 :  22:09:26  
Hi Phil,

Do I still new to use the custom export method with the drop table statement since it is essentially the same database once it's updated to 7.3.7? Can I just export the tables as sql files and import them into the new staging server?

Stan

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7617 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2022 :  22:37:04  
Keep backups!!
Then apply the updater to the live site then import the tables from your staging database using the custom method.
Then all you have to do is upload the new site files and update the database connection.

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Edited by - Phil on 01/04/2022 03:16:30

ecart
Advanced Member

123 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2022 :  00:20:44  
Hi Phil,

I had some server permission issues but once I got pass those everything went smoothly.

Thanks for your help,

Stan
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000