Page: of 3

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/10/2022 :  02:45:59  
Hi Vince, can we just upload certain files that are changed instead updating the whole of v7.4.7 again? We already have v7.4.7 installed.

Thanks

Kev

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/10/2022 :  08:01:35  
Hi Vince disregard last message i have reinstalled the latest PHP v7.4.7 version and added the parameter into ou includes file. All seems good if you would like to visit our cart page and test out yourself. It seems the new way customers stay on the cart page even on Chrome and Edge instead of diverting to a popup.

One thing to mention is that when you click on the Debit or Credit Card button on Firefox, it only displays fields for card credentials, whereas on Chrome and Edge it also allows you to enter the full billing and optional shipping address. These fields are not present on Firefox for some reason?

Thanks

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2022 :  03:45:22  
Hi Kev
I've made a change and added it to the updater so that when one of the payment methods is click the shipping options are hidden. With the card payment methods, because they now appear at the bottom of the page then this can be hard to see on small screens if there are a lot of shipping options. The change is in the inccart.php script.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/11/2022 :  04:05:33  
Thanks Vince,

I have now updated the inccart.php file.

The billing address now displays on Firefox when the Debit & Credit Card button is clicked on. If you need to carry out further checks please visit our website and add an item to the cart.

We will let you know if we encounter any issues with the new integration

Kev

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/16/2022 :  07:10:35  
Hi Vince,

Some customers are experiencing an issue with the new PayPal Checkout when they are using their bank debit / credit card for the transaction. When they proceed to the 3DS screen, some customers are experiencing it hanging or just a swirling symbol appears, and some customers when they submit their credentials into the 3DS experience a blank screen after and they do not know if the transaction has been processed or not, when checking all of these are failed transactions. We have contacted PayPal tech support and they cannot see any issues on their end. Could it be an issue somewere in the integration of the new PayPal Checkout?

Thanks

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2022 :  05:30:58  
Hi Kev
This really sounds like problems connecting to the cardholder's bank for the 3DS part of the process but it's not really something that is down to our integration at all.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/06/2022 :  01:42:48  
Hi Vince,

PayPal tech support have investigated this matter further. Please refer to their reply below:

-----
I apologize for the delay, and thank you for your continued patience.

The PayPal Product Developers have reported that the flow for the Paypal SDK that Ecommerce Templates is using is likely passing CardVerification method :: SCA_SUPPRESS. Since the method is set to Suppress this may be causing the issue you are reporting.

The PayPal Product Developers are currently working on a change to default the verification method to :: SCA_WHEN_REQUIRED for the PayPal SDK flow. Until this occurs Ecommerce Templates can make an update on their end and pass SCA_WHEN_REQUIRED in the request to trigger and complete 3DS. Please reach out to Ecommerce Templates to verify what they are passing for the CardVerification method, as it should be SCA_WHEN_REQUIRED.

I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for using PayPal.

Thomas
Global Technical Support
PayPal
-----

Look forward to hearing from you on this matter.

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2022 :  08:44:49  
Hi Kev
Do you think they could provide a link to the documentation about how to do what they are suggesting? I've had a search around the web and can't find anything to do with setting SCA_WHEN_REQUIRED in the PayPal SDK's at all.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/07/2022 :  01:55:46  
Hi Vince PayPal tech support have provided the below link:

Below is a link to the document that mentions the contingency parameters related to 3DS:

PayPal Developer: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/advanced/customize/3d-secure/sdk/#link-updatetheadvancedcardfieldscode

Thanks

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2022 :  02:40:51  
Hi Kev
quote:
Ecommerce Templates is using is likely passing CardVerification method :: SCA_SUPPRESS
Ok, I see where they are at now and I can absolutely confirm that Ecommerce Templates is not passing SCA_SUPPRESS as the CardVerification method. I'll do anything I can to help but I really don't think they are correct about the cause here.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 08/10/2022 :  09:57:34  
Hi Vince,

I have noticed in our LIVE APP SETTINGS under "My Apps & Credentials" for the PayPal Developer settings there is no "Live return URL" setup at present? Do we need to add a return URL for the cart to function correctly when a transaction is complete or is the default URL already setup in the backend of the coding?

Regards

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2022 :  10:59:24  
Hi Kev
The cart will dynamically create all the URLs necessary. There is a catch with the IPN URL and that is that if a URL is not set in the PayPal admin then no IPN is sent, but its value is overwritten by the cart anyway.

Vince

Page: of 3 « Topic »  
Previous Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000