Previous Page | Next Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 3

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2022 :  11:26:20  
Hi Kev
> We would still prefer the hosted solution instead of diverting customers to PayPal to make a payment
If you've enabled PayPal Checkout then the transaction should happen on your site. Do make sure you update by the way as there were a lot of improvements for PayPal Checkout in v7.3.6

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/03/2022 :  11:32:32  
Hi Vince,

We are now using the latest ECT update PHP v 7.4.7. When PayPal Checkout is enabled and you enter customer fields at the bottom of the page you have to select the PayPal Checkout option in the drop down box and proceed. Then a popup for PayPal appears to finalise payment. It does not stay on the same page like Pro Hosted where you enter card details without any popups?

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2022 :  00:58:11  
Hi Kev
I see what you are saying but that's just the way it works, with a popup window. But it really is on your site and your customer has never left to go to the PayPal site. This is also the way they can display the different payment forms for the different payment options such as credit cards, PayPal, VENMO, etc.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/04/2022 :  02:15:28  
Hi Vince,

The hosted solution we need is the below which is a smart button that stays on the cart page and the customer has the option to pay either by PayPal or by Card:

https://www.paypal.com/buttons/smart

Is this integration available?

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2022 :  03:09:59  
Hi Kev
Yes, that's what you get with the PayPal Checkout integration that is available in the cart.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/04/2022 :  06:13:29  
Hi Vince,

I will send you an email with a few screenshots of the stages we encounter during the PayPal Checkout. It is not as clear as the PayPal Smart buttons.

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2022 :  06:24:33  
I think I see what you are saying and I think this is because PayPal are not displaying the card options if you set the button style to horizontal. Can you go to the payment providers admin page for paypal checkout and set the Button Style to "Vertical" and see if that generates all the payment options?

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/04/2022 :  06:32:28  
Vince thank you the vertical alignment has corrected the issue. I have provided you with more screen shots.

If i didnt know i had to click on the Visa image below the PayPal button i would not have known i could select a card payment option.

The below paypal smart button shows an image of "Debit or Credit Card". Can we change the current images that displays for Visa / Mastercard / Amex to the "Debit or Credit Card" image?...this would be much more clearer for customers. Even i got confused.

Kev

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/04/2022 :  06:43:40  
Hi Vince,

I have just tried the PayPal Checkout on my mobile however when I click on the Visa button a popup appears and it diverts to the PayPal website instead of staying on the checkout page?

I have emailed you a screenshot of this

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2022 :  07:51:57  
Hi Kev
quote:
I have just tried the PayPal Checkout on my mobile however when I click on the Visa button a popup appears and it diverts to the PayPal website instead of staying on the checkout page?
These are all popup windows and I believe the reason for that is because that way the payment is really taken on the PayPal site and not yours, which then sorts out a whole load of PCI / PA-DSS issues for the merchant. It's the way all payment processors seem to be going these days.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/07/2022 :  04:49:00  
Hi Vince,

When we use Virtual Terminal in PayPal to manually process a payment for a failed order, before we integrated the PayPal Checkout option we had PayPal Direct Payments and PayPal Express setup and when we authorised the payment in Virtual Terminal and entered the Order ID number, it then successfully authorised the order back end in admin orders, however now it does not automatically authorise the order using PayPal Checkout?

Also can you advise how we can change the payments accepted card images that are displaying under the PayPal Button and replace it with the below "Debit or Credit Card" as displayed on the paypal smart button setup page below?
We have already had a few customers trying to place an order using Amex as the image is displayed but we do not accept Amex so we need to update the image only to show the "Debit or Credit Card" to avoid confusion:

Look forward to hearing from you

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2022 :  07:10:25  
Hi Kev
quote:
however now it does not automatically authorise the order using PayPal Checkout?
If you go to the Payment Provider admin page for PayPal Checkout you have the options of Sale, Authorization and Order. Is that what you are looking for?
quote:
Also can you advise how we can change the payments accepted card images that are displaying under the PayPal Button and replace it with the below "Debit or Credit Card"
This seems to depend on the type of integration used so I'm asking PayPal for details on how to change.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/07/2022 :  07:17:17  
Hi Vince it is currently set to "Sale".

No i dont think it is related to this setting. When we successfully process a manual card transaction on PayPal Viritual Terminal it should normally ping a message to admin orders if the correct order ID has been inputted into the PayPal Virtual terminal field under order number and it authorises the order and turns red to to black, and the "Auth Code" also appears which is pulled from the PayPal payment. At the moment it is not doing this on the new PayPal Checkout integration but was working fine on PayPal Payments Direct and PayPal Checkout

Kev

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/08/2022 :  06:24:04  
Hi Vince with regards to the previous issue raised, we have since contacted PayPal Tech Support and they have advised the below:

-------------------------
With regards to using Virtual Terminal, when you manually authorise a payment it would send an IPN to the back end of your website. After reviewing our logs it appears that we are sending IPN's successfully and getting a 200 HTTP response as expected, so you will want to check your back end website configuration.
--------------------------

Has the template config changed that is preventing the IPN to work or maybe its the way the PayPal Checkout has been setup?

Thanks

Kev

carl1963
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
619 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2022 :  17:46:52  
Hi all, could you tell me where in Paypal do I customise the Smart Buttons.

Regards
Carl

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2022 :  02:07:21  
Hi Carl
quote:
Hi all, could you tell me where in Paypal do I customise the Smart Buttons.
Go to the Admin Payment Providers page and click on Modify for PayPal Checkout.

Hi Kev
quote:
Has the template config changed that is preventing the IPN to work or maybe its the way the PayPal Checkout has been setup?

PayPal Checkout doesn't use IPNs in the same way as other PayPal integrations. What happens when you get to the thanks page after an order?

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/09/2022 :  03:57:02  
Thanks Vince,

After an order is placed is working fine. When we used to receive uncompleted orders in our admin orders back end, we could manually process payments on PayPal Virtual Terminal and it would automatically authorise the order and complete it which i presume using IPN. If this is not available thorugh the new PayPal Checkout then thats fine i just thought i would check on this as it was easier to process failed order and receive instant order confirmations.

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2022 :  11:10:54  
Hi Kev
quote:
If this is not available thorugh the new PayPal Checkout then thats fine
No, this isn't available through the new PayPal Checkout but I will take a look when I get a chance.
But what I have been doing is investigating why the credit card buttons cannot be changed to the generic, "Debit or Credit Card" and it seems that it depends on the integration. The one we have now is supported but there is an even newer one and I've been integrating that today. As you are putting things through their paces do you want me to add this as an alternative so you can try it?

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/09/2022 :  14:09:01  
Hi Vince yes please that would be great

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2022 :  02:38:32  
Hi Kev
Ok, the changes are in the v7.4 updater and once installed you need to add this parameter to your includes.php file...
$newpaypalcheckout=TRUE;
Eventually this new checkout integration will be the only one available and the parameter won't be necessary.

Vince

Page: of 3 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000