Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  01:26:20  
Hi all,

We are looking to intergrate the below new PayPal Advanced Hosted solution to our website as we understand PayPal are no longer using Cardinal Commerce to process 3DS payments and we have been experiencing alot of failed transactions recently because of this.

Can you advise if the below Advanced Hosted solution is available to intergrate using the current template and if not can someone point me in the right direction to someone that can help us intergrate this for us:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/advanced/

Thanks

Regards

Kev

-----------
Important: PayPal require existing users to upgrade to our Advanced Debit and Credit solution that supports EMV 3DS (3DS 2.0) for PSD2. Our Advanced Debit and Credit solution enables highly customizable custom-card fields and reduced PCI Compliance requirements. For more information, see Set up advanced credit and debit card payments.

Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions offers merchants a way to securely accept credit and debit card or PayPal payments without capturing or storing card information on their website. Payment information is collected by PayPal using an in-line frame.
----------------

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  05:19:23  
Hi Kev
Things get a bit confusing at times with the different PayPal integrations, however I believe that what they are indicating there is PayPal Checkout which is available in the cart and is detailed here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/ecommplus/paypal-smart-buttons.asp

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  05:35:18  
Hi Vince,

Thanks for your message.

From my understanding i thought this would replace the current ECT checkout and customers would be presented with the new hosted checkout flow page to offer a seamless transition for payment by PayPal or have the option to pay by Card and stay on the website as shown below:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/advanced/

Unless i am mistaken?

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2022 :  07:26:31  
Hi Kev
The credentials needed for PayPal Checkout are different to those of say PayPal Standard or PayPal Payments Pro so it wasn't possible to just move from one to the other. Also, the features of all these are slightly different (and I think the costs too.) So it's implemented as an alternative which is good as that way you can try it first before committing 100%.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/07/2022 :  06:55:32  
Hi Vince,

We have contacted PayPal Technical Support for more information.

They advised the below that we would need to switch to the Advanced Credit and Debit Cards intergration however they cannot see on their system that the Ecommerce Templates supports this new intergration?

Can you advise how we can intergrate this as they have advise there is no additional cost or monthly fees to switch to this new intergration.

Regards

Kev

----------
I am sorry to hear of the troubles with failed transactions. The latest solution you should be moving your integration to is Advanced Credit and Debit Cards. You can find more about it here and how to apply: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/checkout/advanced/. It's already integrated in most third party platforms so I suggest reviewing our partners here https://www.paypal.com/us/business/platforms-and-marketplaces/directory for an easy transition. Thank you for your patience and I hope you have a great day!

I was unable to find any information that this Ecommerce Templates supports this newer integration, but you will want to reach out to them directly to verify. There is no monthly fee to use this service. Once you get switched over, you will want to contact PayPal Customer Support to cancel the Pro service.

Sincerely,

Jeremy
Global Technical Support
PayPal, Inc.
-------------

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/28/2022 :  06:49:55  
Hi Vince presume there is no feasible integration at the moment for this?

Regards

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2022 :  11:01:57  
Hi Kev
Sorry your post was missed but I'm afraid this Advanced Credit and Debit Cards integration isn't supported yet. PayPal Checkout is if that helps, and we'll look into integration this new system as soon as possible.

Vince

carl1963
Ecommerce Template Expert

United Kingdom
619 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  03:16:10  
Hi Vince, has the cart been updated and ready for "The Second Payment Services Directive (PSD2) from Paypal"

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

Regards
Carl

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  03:23:34  
Hi Carl
In that link from PayPal it says that if you are using PayPal Direct Payments to take credit cards on your site then what you need to do is change to PayPal Checkout. And yes, PayPal Checkout is fully integrated in the cart. But you'll need to make the switch.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  07:57:52  
Hi Vince is PayPal Checkout that you are referring to a hosted solution or diverts to PayPal's website for processing payments?

Thanks

Kev

carl1963

United Kingdom
619 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  08:59:53  
I use PayPal Payments Pro, Hosted on my site, Paypal tell me this will not be possible after 31st March, so I need to Subscribe to PayPal Commerce Platform.

Since 01 June 2021 UK banks have already begun to enforce SCA, meaning you may be experiencing increased declines if you don’t currently support 3D Secure.

In order to ensure that your business is not disrupted as a result of these changes please ensure you have the latest version of 3DS available at checkout.

More information can be found regarding this regulation by searching PSD2 on any web browser, on your cart provider, or following the link below.
PSD2 and 3DS with PayPal - https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/psd2

For Subscribing to PayPal Commerce Platform (PPCP)you follow the steps below.

Before Subscribing please check with your developer that they can integrate your shopping cart with PPCP.

Steps to Subscribe to PayPal Commerce Platform.

Firstly Login to PayPal business account
2. Click PayPal Checkout in Quick links
3. Scroll down till you find Advanced Integrations and click Apply Now
4. Click to use Existing business account
5. Fill out any missing business information
6. Confirm Personal information from account
7. The application will now show as subscribed, in review, or denied

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  09:19:54  
Hi Kev
quote:
Hi Vince is PayPal Checkout that you are referring to a hosted solution or diverts to PayPal's website for processing payments?
The card number is taken on your site but in a frame where the actual processing of the card happens on PayPal's site.

Hi Carl
These look like steps you need to take in your PayPal account. Do you need anything from us here?

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/01/2022 :  09:29:39  
Hi Vince,

We are currently using the "PayPal Direct Payments" option in admin settings for the payment provider.

What payment provider option do we now need to switch to in admin settings back end and do we need to remove the Cardinal Commerce details in our settings for the PayPal 3D Secure to work?

Kev

carl1963

United Kingdom
619 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2022 :  01:34:59  
Morning Vince, I'm also needing the information, Tinsle requested. Avove

Regards
Carl

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2022 :  10:04:35  
Hi Kev and Carl
You need to switch to PayPal Checkout which you will see in the Payment Providers admin page. You don't need to remove the Cardinal Commerce details as they just won't be used with PayPal Checkout.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/02/2022 :  10:10:42  
Hi Vince "PayPal Checkout" is not a valid choice in the payment providers option in admin settings? We are currently using PHP v7.3.4 template. Has the PayPal Checkout option been added to a later version?

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2022 :  13:21:53  
Hi Kev
It may be called PayPal Smart Buttons still in that version, but it's worth updating as the integration was overhauled in v7.3.6

Vince

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2022 :  15:52:37  
Hi Kev

The latest version 7.4.7.001 definitely shows PayPal Checkout in the payment processer list

Cheers
Steve

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/03/2022 :  04:22:49  
Thanks for the info Steve.

I have just received a call from PayPal's EMEA Business Development team. They have advised as per Carls earlier reply that we will need to switch to the PayPal Commerce Platform - 3D Secure. From the 31st of March the PayPal Pro Hosted solution will no longer work. However before suscribing to the PayPal Commerce Platform they have advised to check with the developer that they can integrate the Ecommerce Templates Cart with PPCP.

Will there be a solution to this new integration before March 31st so we can switch to it without disrupting payments?

Kev

Vince
Administrator

42466 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2022 :  06:30:24  
Hi Kev
quote:
From the 31st of March the PayPal Pro Hosted solution will no longer work.
The PayPal Checkout system is not the PayPal Pro Hosted Solution and was the recommended solution in one of the PayPal pages you posted. It is highly possible you are talking to sales people there who just get commission for pushing you on to new solutions.

Vince

Tinsle
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/03/2022 :  06:45:01  
Hi Vince,

Yes i have just enabled the PayPal Checkout option to test it out. We would still prefer the hosted solution instead of diverting customers to PayPal to make a payment so it seems adopting the PayPal Commerce Platform (PPCP) is the only way forwards. As Cardinal Commerce is obsolete for processing 3D secure payments we need to allow PayPal through the PPCP to use their own 3D secure processing method on our website.

Kev
Page: of 3 « Topic »  
Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000