Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

kmkelso
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2022 :  14:29:49  
I'm missing something thats probably simple, but I can't seem to find it. I'm getting undefined variables, $pagetitle, $sectionname, $productid, and $productname in ect-widgets.php on lines 499, 502, 503, in a new wordpress WP subdomain I created under the PHP main domain site, tekna.us. I have separate copies of db's for both sites. I'm able to access the vsadmin/admin.php page in the WP subdomain and have set both store url's at https://wp.tekna.us. Each category has it's own title in the category admin page. When viewed thru wp, the wordpress categories page lists each category, but just a broken image link. I have set up the 8 specific ECT wordpress pages as per the ECT Wordpress installation instructions, including using the appropriate slug. I copied the .css and .js subdirectories over as well.

I note images are not always displaying according to their hierarchial definition in admin.php. I have them grouped in to small/large/giant subdirectories. When trying to view a product directly, an inspection of the broken image link on the browser page indicates it's trying to find the image at prodimages/xxx.webp. If I temorarily modify the browser html attribute with the developer tools (F12), entering 'Large' as the subdirectory of prodimages does find the image.

Interestingly, the ECT search WP page DOES return an image of a product searched for, from the correct subdirectory structure. However when clicking the Enlarge link to show the Giant image, the HTML src attribute returns "(unknown)". Clicking Next for multiple images of the same product does the same. Very strange. Some things work, and some don't. Cannot log in to a customer account as the AJAX window doesn't pop up. As such the checkout button doesn't work either.

I copied the includes.php file from the DWT PHP site and modified it for the WP site, as per ECT installation instructions. I have the ECT includes at the top of the WP header.php page. Although I had to use an include_once for each link. The ECT-Widgets plug-in is installed and activated. It just seems that Wordpress not finding the correct directory structure somehow.

kmkelso
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2022 :  15:31:36  
Update
Mea Culpa - I've found and fixed the issues with the product/category images not displaying. I had copied the DWT database for the WP database and simply needed to update the affected URL's in the appropriate category and product image field in the ECT admin for the WP site. Apparently those few image fields are not being used on our PHP site based on the custom design of it and were either empty or had an incorrect URL. I knew it had to be something simple, but I just couldn't find it. It was a late night.

However, I'm still not able to see the $ meta info for the any of the product pages or categories. Those meta and page title fields are all populated for each category/product in the ECT database.

I have the metainfo.php include statement in the themes' header.php. Interestingly, if I add the session_cache_limiter('none') in the theme header.php file, I get another error:
Warning: session_cache_limiter(): Session cache limiter cannot be changed when a session is active in /home/tekna/wp.tekna.us/wp-content/themes/bosa-travelers-blog/header.php on line 2
If I remove the line the error goes away.

In either case, I still have the undefined variables $pagetitle and $sectionname warning messages:
Warning: Undefined variable $pagetitle in /home/tekna/wp.tekna.us/wp-content/plugins/ect-widgets/ect-widgets.php on line 499
Warning: Undefined variable $sectionname in /home/tekna/wp.tekna.us/wp-content/plugins/ect-widgets/ect-widgets.php on line 503

any ideas?

Vince
Administrator

42464 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2022 :  15:43:05  
Hi kmkelso
Could you let me know how you are setting this up as if you are using the wordpress version with the ECT Widgets plugin you shouldn't have to add the metainfo.php include line or handle the $pagetitle variables. All this will be done for you. If you've updated from a previous, non wordpress version did you use these instructions?

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/wordpress/

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

kmkelso
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2022 :  16:06:47  
Hi Vince,
Wow! Thank you for the really fast reply! I was updating from a previous PHP / non-WP version and referencing the instructions in that page you note, and also referencing this troubleshooting page:

https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/wordpress/wp-troubleshooting.asp

I've commented out the metainfo.php file and sure enough! Works like a champ!
I've now been able to successfully place an order and receive the receipt emails!

I'm assuming that I also don't need the session_cache_limiter, session_start, and the ob_start statements as the site works well without them.

Still more work to do, but I'm absolutely thrilled this is working now!

Vince
Administrator

42464 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2022 :  03:34:11  
Hi Kmkelso
I'm glad things are coming together!
quote:
I'm assuming that I also don't need the session_cache_limiter, session_start, and the ob_start statements as the site works well without them.
All this should be handled by the ECT Widgets plugin. If you like, send the site FTP login to my email, (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com) and I'll give things a once over.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

kmkelso
Starting Member

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2022 :  10:48:47  
Hi Vince,
Thank you for your kind offer to review this. Sent you a PM email.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000