Eman
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/24/2022 :  07:48:41  
Hi,
This is Eric and I have been working with Kelly Normand concerning one of our clients still being able to use their ECT admin back office to see old orders, notes, and other data. There was initial issues with Sucuri and Inmotion blocking direct access to the site via IP address or Temp link. But I added a wildcard A record and now I can get to the WP front end page, but it in a non-formatted basic page with the old links that go to the new website. I have tried to initiate the vsadmin by directly trying the php script files. I even changed the database path to the full temporary server path address in the db_conn_open.php. Here is a link to Kelly's discussion with you guys on this matter.
[url]https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114785[/url]
and here is the error message I am getting when trying to directly access the ECT admin.
"Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php:14 Stack trace: #0 /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/admin.php(11): include() #1 {main} thrown in /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php on line 14"
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2022 :  04:52:52  
Can you access the hosting control panel? Depending on the hosting interface you have you may have a page to enable / disable PHP extensions and you need to ensure that the mySQLi extension is enabled. At the moment it seems to be indicating that this extension is not enabled but it's essential for most applications. Another way to get this enabled may be to just get in touch with your host and ask them.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Eman
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/25/2022 :  12:13:39  
Hey Vince,
Thanks for the suggestion. The extension is enabled. I double checked it. It was never disabled, the vsadmin quit working when the domain name was transferred to Miva, the client's new site. I have edited the db_conn_open.php
database host settings and tried localhost:3306 which is the port it uses. I have tried full path in the settings using the actual VPS temp url which the hosting company suggested, and I have tried the static IP address.

What are the php files that I need to edit with the mysql database path since the domain name no longer works with this old site?

Thanks

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2022 :  01:29:30  
Hi Eric
But you have this error...
quote:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php
That really, really looks like the class mySQLi cannot be found. How about replacing the connection code in the db_conn_open.php file with this which may give a bit more detail about whether mySQLi is enabled or not?

if(!function_exists('mysqli_connect')){
die('<html><body>mySQLi is not enabled in PHP. Please contact your host.</body></html>');
}else{
$GLOBALS['ectdatabase'] = new mysqli($db_host, $db_username, $db_password, $db_name);
if(mysqli_connect_error()){
ob_clean();
print '<html><head><title>Database connect error</title><style>div{ margin:20px }</style></head>';
print '<body><div>Database Connect Error (' . mysqli_connect_errno() . ') ' . mysqli_connect_error() . '</div>';
print '<div>You need to set your database connection in vsadmin/db_conn_open.php</div>';
print '<div>For help setting your database connection please see...<br />';
print '<a href="https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/instructions.asp#dbconn" target="_blank">Database Connection Instructions</a></div>';
print '<div>We also have a support forum here...<br />';
print '<a href="https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/" target="_blank">Support Forum</a></div>';
die('</body></html>');
}
}

Vince

Eman
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/26/2022 :  23:40:11  
Hey Vince,

I edited the db_conn_open.php script with the code you sent me and I get the same error.

"Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mysqli' not found in /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php:14 Stack trace: #0 /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/admin.php(11): include() #1 {main} thrown in /home/alkydigg/public_html/vsadmin/db_conn_open.php on line 14"

I think the DB path is just not right somewhere, even though I have tried several different path options as I have previously stated. Do you have time to login into the server account and see what might work. I am at wits end.

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2022 :  04:28:42  
Hi Eric
Ok, can you send me the site FTP login details to my email vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com

Vince

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2022 :  15:15:06  
Hi Eric
I think I've found the problem. There is a .htaccess file in the vsadmin directory and when I disable that by renaming it to .htaccess.bak the problem goes away. Can you try it now?

Vince

Eman
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/29/2022 :  00:58:42  
Hi Vince,

I see that the backoffice admin is not accessible. Thanks for finding that needle in the haystack.
Thanks for all your help.
Have a good Memorial Weekend.

Eric
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000