Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2022 :  07:17:19  
I have purchased and used digital downloads in the past, but not for a couple of years. I'm working on a new site (WordPress) and they want to add digital downloads.

I know a lot has changed regarding the ECT WordPress version - so I'm assuming I need to buy a new digital downloads plugin? I'm looking at the instructions page for adding it to the site, but there are only ASP and PHP instructions - nothing for WordPress. Am I looking in the wrong place? I also saw a very confusing post on here from 2020 about having to create a new wp header (?) https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=113153&SearchTerms=digital,download

Could someone point me to a page that has step-by-step instructions for adding digital downloads to WordPress (like you have for ASP and PHP)? Or put the instructions here?

Thanks!

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2022 :  01:04:46  
Hi JustDucky923
Sorry about the confusion but you do need to purchase the plugin as you say, but for the wordpress version all you have to do is add the ...
$GLOBALS['digidownloads']
... parameter to your includes.php file. You don't need to edit any pages or anything like that. I'll get a note about this added to the instructions.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2022 :  01:19:44  

JustDucky923
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1332 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2022 :  07:02:51  
Great information! Thanks so much for that.

Just one question - do I need to order the new version of the digital download zip file or will the one I already have work? The most recent one I have is from about 3 years ago.

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2022 :  14:22:04  
Hi JustDucky
When you request the updaters you should receive a new version of the Digital Downloads along with the updater if you've purchased it in the past.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000