Previous Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 2

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2022 :  13:43:15  
Hi Graham
ok, that's not looking good is it. You need to be using an Apple Pay enabled device but nothing doing even on my iPhone. The display:none is should be set to display:block by the square code if you are using a supported device.
What I'd normally do now is connect my Mac so I can use the object inspector and see if Square is throwing any kind of error which can indicate what is going wrong. But the trouble is I'm on a trip and haven't got it to hand so could you possibly drop a note to Square support and they can hopefully let us know what is going on?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Graham Slaughter
Ecommerce Template Expert

818 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2022 :  14:24:40  
I was testing with Chrome. Google Pay and Masterpass work with just Chrome, no cell phone required I believe. I didn't work on the Apple Pay yet.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2022 :  15:24:22  
Hi Graham
I assumed it was the Apple Pay you were talking about but yes, it does seem to be the case that the Google Pay and Masterpass is missing also. Have you tried the vanilla code on a test site maybe? I don't think you have to do anything special for these to work and it seems fine here without any changes.

Vince

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10284 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2022 :  12:20:12  
FYI - When I first started using square, Google Pay and Masterpass were showing and I didn't want to use them, so I hid them with CSS.
They were there by default though.
I did not see the Apply pay though.

David

Graham Slaughter

818 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2022 :  08:26:09  
I'll try vanilla code in a few months. I have to finish these other big projects before I dig deep into ECT stuff again. Thanks for looking at it!

Graham Slaughter

818 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2023 :  13:06:53  
*************Update a year later now that I finally got my butt in gear*************************

I'd start a new thread, but the original question is in part answered here so probably should post this here.

Apple pay DOES work in the new version of the ECT cart, however, there are additional steps necessary to do so. You can find them here:

https://developer.squareup.com/docs/web-payments/apple-pay

SPECIFICALLY, you have to add the domain.

Production configuration
When your application is ready for production, do the following:

Register a domain for Apple Pay in production:

Open the Developer Dashboard.

Choose the application associated with your Web Payments SDK implementation.

Set the Developer Dashboard to Production mode.

In the left pane, choose Apple Pay for the selected application.

Choose the Add Domain link and follow the instructions.

Basically, you download a file, upload it to your server, then you have it validate the file's presence to confirm you own the domain.

Now that I've done that, Apple pay works (yay!) but ... it is also broken. I think the CSS is broken perhaps?

This empty gray box (under gpay) is all that displays on an iPhone - however, clicking on that empty gray box DOES load Apple pay.

I'm not an apple guy. I had to get a friend to pull it up on his phone so I could see it wasn't working.

Any ideas?

It is active here if you wanted to see what I mean:
https://www.suspension.com/cart.asp

Edited by - Graham Slaughter on 09/06/2023 13:10:42

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2023 :  04:20:05  
Hi Graham
I tried on my iPhone but I guess you have switched to PayPal while Square have problems.

Vince

Graham Slaughter

818 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2023 :  05:08:32  
Dangit! We did. Square really had a meltdown yesterday.
https://www.issquareup.com/

That said, the new Paypal version is an impressive improvement in appearance and usability. I'm glad we had completed that before the Square outage. Incase any of yall ECT oldtimers see this, you should update to the new Paypal integration. Vince made the changeover fast and easy.

I'll hit you up when we get Square turned on again Vince. Thanks.
Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Previous Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000