Author « Topic »  

JulieE
Starting Member

USA
13 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/13/2022 :  12:46:48  
On every product detail page, I have some Free Shipping discount text under each product title. I like this and want to to keep it.
I also have a discount available for a certain brand of items and due to manufacturer restrictions I can only show the discount in cart.
The brand discount shows up in red in the mini cart labeled as for example (Discounts: $25.00), which is also fine. However, when I then hit the checkout button to
get to step 1/3, the brand discount between subtotal and grand total is then labeled as the Free Shipping. This is confusing to customers because I also have some other free shipping promo
text next to the promo code box. Hitting the checkout button again to get to step 2/3 collapses step 1, but if you then go back and drop down again on step 1 at this stage, the discount looks like it has disappeared.
If you continue checking out to the end the totals will be correct. But I think this is leading to cart abandonment issues when people think they are not getting their discount. (Ecommerce Plus PHP v7.5.0)

1) How can I change the discount text between subtotal and grand total on Step 1/3 without affecting the discount text I like on my product detail pages
2) When on Step 2/3, how can I make the discounted total persist in the 1/3 drop down box

Edited by - JulieE on 07/13/2022 13:51:43

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2022 :  01:32:36  
Hi JulieE
Can you let me know the URL of the category with the discount and I'll try it. I think that will illustrate things better for me.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2022 :  03:29:05  
Hi JulieE
I've had a look at the site and I think I get what you are saying now. There isn't a way to display the discounts in the cart resume and that really is just supposed to be a list of the cart items. I think most people would get that and probably most don't even check. But how about if I worked on a way to hide that completely?
For the discount text, would it help your situation if you could address each discount text on the details page individually in some way in CSS? Again if I did this it would be possible to hide specific discounts on the cart pages and then you wouldn't have to disguise this discount as free shipping, (which I think you are doing now.)

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000