Technical
 ASP (Windows server) versions
 50 Error in cart.asp
Author « Topic »  

DavidX
Ecommerce Template Expert

925 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2022 :  14:25:26  
I received a message from a customer who's getting a 500 error when he tries to access cart.asp. I tried to log in from the admin and I get the same error. Interestingly, when I click "login', the expected cart window opens showing the error but, if I open the site home page in another tab in the browser I can see his cart contents over on the left so it's clear I'm logged in but, if I click on the cart link, I get the error. He said it's been happening for a few days and I was having slightly different 500 errors but I've since updated (this morning) and they don't seem to be happening for me anymore. I did log in to other accounts and they opened up just fine. Is it possible that, by virtue of having his cart full while updates were being applied, that his cart got messed up? Is there any way to clear his cart?

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2022 :  14:57:06  
Hi DavidX
That would be unlikely but can you get your host to turn on detailed error messages so we can see what the actual error message is?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2022 :  15:23:16  
I just looked in the logs and found this:

GET /cart.asp |558|800a000a|This_array_is_fixed_or_temporarily_locked HTTP/2.0

Does that give any clue or should I contact the host?

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2022 :  21:16:05  
I just got another email from a different customer with the same issue. I also tried logging in from the admin and got the error as well. In both cases it appears the had items in their carts, logged out then, when trying to log back in, they were met with the error.

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2022 :  01:01:35  

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2022 :  07:13:12  
No custom code that I'm aware of or ever remember adding. I could paste it here if you want to look it over.

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2022 :  14:47:33  
I'm starting to get more messages from other customers and they all had items in their carts then left them in there and got errors when trying to log back in.

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2022 :  00:44:59  
Hi DavidX
Just an idea, but have you tried doing a “compact and repair” on the database?
Getting detailed error messages turned on will give much more idea of what the problem is.

Vince

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2022 :  10:51:57  
I don't see options for that at Servelink but I ran the check utility and it came back with no errors. I'm still trying to figure out the detailed error thing. When i add the line to to enable it in my web.config file I can't replicate the error through the previous client logins. When I remove the line the error returns. At any rate, here are some errors from yesterday that may or may not be of help (there are a lot)

GET /search.asp scat=&stext=December+1993&sprice=&pg=2|262|80004005|Transaction_(Process_ID_82)_was_deadlocked_on_lock_resources_with_another_process_and_has_been_chosen_as_the_deadlock_victim._Rerun_the_transaction. HTTP/2.0

GET /ectrss.asp |111|80004005|TCP_Provider:_An_existing_connection_was_forcibly_closed_by_the_remote_host.__ HTTP/1.1

That last one refers to a DLSS add-on that I had installed years ago. I did remove the ectrss.asp page this morning.

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2022 :  09:34:31  
I just received a message from someone:

"Now this message shows up when filling my cart from the wish list. Unable to fill cart when this shows up at the bottom."

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000a'

This array is fixed or temporarily locked

/vsadmin/inc/incart.asp, line 558

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2022 :  15:26:04  
Hi DavidX
Can you send the site FTP login to my email at vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com and I'll see what I can find.

Vince

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2022 :  16:06:35  
We also just had a customer who reported a 500 error but then tried to split it into two orders which both went through.

Vince
Administrator

42460 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2022 :  13:41:50  
Hi DavidX
I think I've fixed this problem so can you please try now and see if everything is ok?

Vince

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2022 :  12:23:45  
Looks like it's working now. a couple of the customers who were reporting back said it was working for them and I haven't heard of any new ones popping up. Thank you! What was the issue?
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000