Extremely High Shipping Rates Returned
Author « Topic »  

Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/15/2022 :  09:49:05  
My shipping rates are coming back extremely high for all of the 3 shippers that I use, UPS, FedEx, and USPS. For example a 1lb package shipping just 5 miles away is coming back at $44 from USPS, $28 from FedEx and UPS was so high that I've had to disconnect it. A 1lb packaging measuring 6" x 4" x 2" shipping from VA to MI comes back at $342.30.

I am thinking that something may be off with the Main Settings since this is happening with all shippers.? I haven't made any changes to these settings (other than turning off UPS) in months. At this point I am receiving just about a 100% shopping cart abandonment. I am wondering what could have happened to cause this..?

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/15/2022 :  10:16:03  
After a little more testing, I notice that these high shipping rates are being returned on packages that have dimensions defined in the product admin. For example:

I had the dimensions of a product set at 6" x 4" x 2". When a purchase is made for 100 of these, the shipping rates come back in the hundreds of dollars. When I remove the product dimensions, the shipping rates return to normal.

However, a 1lb 6" x 4" x 2" package certainly doesn't cost $342 to ship a few states over. I have my shipping admin set to "pack products together", as I always have. Perhaps the dimensions are being read in feet instead of inches?

Vince
Administrator

42469 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2022 :  15:16:39  
But if you purchase 100 of an item that measures 6x4x2 inches it's going to be a lot of inches no? What are you expecting the dimensions to be?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

USA
972 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 09/15/2022 :  15:41:11  
I apologize, I wrote that wrong. The products are business card size. 100 of these fit into a package measuring approximately 6" x 4" x 2". The rates were coming back at approximately $300+ for a package of 100 of these shipping a fairly short distance away. When I removed the dimension of the package dimension, the rates came back normal. The shipping rates have been unusually high recently, so I had added product dimensions to several smaller products in an attempt to lower the rates being returned. These are very small products. Instead of lowering the rates, it inadvertently increased the rates substantially. I had created a worse situation by attempting to resolve it. I have removed the dimensions of these small products and the rates are returning much lower now. I went from the top of my head around my elbow to reach my nose just to learn that I shouldn't add dimensions to small products (no matter how small) they are.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000