WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Wordpress Tempera Formatting
Author « Topic »  

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2022 :  09:45:03  
I have two Wordpress sites that use the ECT cart with the Tempera theme. My old site is DecorativePaintingStore.com and I've had it for 10+ years. It was converted from a php site to Wordpress and I was using Tempera long before ECT added it to their included themes. Within the past year I set up another site using a freshly loaded ECT cart and the accompanying Tempera theme. I really like the way the new site looks and I've been trying to get my old site product pages and detail pages to look the same but I can't figure out how to get there. It's seems to be css formatting and includes file differences. I've tried to go through the includes file and change things in the old one to the format of the new one but that hasn't helped. I don't think I have any css files on the new site that override the defaults.

Specific things that I like in the layout of the new site that I'd like to duplicate -

The product pages have a border around the images and the Detail and Buy buttons are side by side rather than stacked. It looks cleaner.

Product Page New Site -
https://www.sharonchinn.com/products/All%20Patterns/

Product Page Old Site -
https://www.decorativepaintingstore.com/products.php?cat=All ePatterns

On the product detail pages, the product name is a more appropriately-sized font in a contrasting color and is positioned to the right of the product image instead of under it, the add-to-cart button spreads across the width of the page.

Product Detail New Site -
https://www.sharonchinn.com/dp/Frosted%20Easter%20Bunny%20Mason%20Jar%20Painting%20Pattern%20-%20Sharon%20Chinn/

Product Detail Old Site -
https://www.decorativepaintingstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=Magnets_and_Pins_Christmas_Painting_Pattern_PDF_DOWNLOAD_-_Susan_Kelley

Another formatting issue is my Bestsellers page is in a single column vs. 3 columns to match the other pages.
https://www.decorativepaintingstore.com/bestsellers.php

Can you suggest what I am doing wrong or what I need to change?

If I want to override some of the default css, where do I put the code?

Edited by - sharonchinn on 09/29/2022 10:28:06

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2022 :  17:27:09  
I'm still trying to compare files and think the problem could be related to my Tempera header.php file on my older site? When ECT did not include Tempera in it's themes, Vince or Andy had me add this code to the top of my Tempera header.php file each time I did a Tempera update...

session_cache_limiter('none');
session_start();
ob_start();
include "vsadmin/db_conn_open.php";
include "vsadmin/inc/languagefile.php";
include "vsadmin/includes.php";
include "vsadmin/inc/incfunctions.php";
include "vsadmin/inc/metainfo.php";
/**

I also see this header file is calling in my ect.css file where i kept all the custom css styling for my site...
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/ect.css" />

I'd really like streamline my older site to the new coding so I don't have to remember all these quirks, but I don't want to crash anything by removing something in error.

Could this be something as simple as replacing the Tempera header.php file with the newer version?

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2022 :  17:38:13  
Bear with me, I keep answering myself as I try different things. I copied the Tempera header.php file from my new site to my older one, but that caused an error message on the product page - no incfunctions.php

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2022 :  02:17:37  
Hi Sharon
I had a look at the site and I'm not sure what the main problem is now. But if you still need help please let me know what the outstanding problem is. And if you want me to switch the site to the new WordPress system let me know and I'll do that for you.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2022 :  04:47:59  
Hi Vince,
I can't adjust the site layout on my older site through the includes.php file like the tutorials say, nor change the fonts and colors to make it look like my new site by simply changing them in the Tempera settings. I think my old site has some of unnecessary files that the new Wordpress version probably doesn't use since it's been adapted over the past 10-15 years (it was initially the php version). I have an ect.css file in my root directory with settings that overrode the defaults. I still have this file, I just changed the name yesterday to void it out for now as I was testing the changes through includes and Tempera. I'd like to be able to get rid of it since my newer site doesn't require it, but it is somehow being called in through my old Tempera files.

So yes, I would like to have my site switched to the new Wordpress system so that I can maintain and make changes to both sites in the same way. The only customization that I have installed on my DecorativePaintingStore.com site is the ServeLink Download Management Mod. I'm planning to install that on my SharonChinn.com site, but just haven't had time to do it.

Do I need to purchase an update service to have you update me to the new Wordpress system and delete any files that are no longer necessary? Also, I was looking at your hosted store plans and was wondering if there would be any benefit to me moving over to those plans? It appears these are set up on ServeLink and my sites are already hosted there. Just trying to make things simpler for myself. I'm finding since I don't make these type of changes on a regular basis, it's becoming a maze for me to keep up with what to change when I do want to do something since I'm not a programmer.

Let me know next steps.

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2022 :  09:20:19  
Hi Sharon
quote:
The only customization that I have installed on my DecorativePaintingStore.com site is the ServeLink Download Management Mod.
I really don't know what this MOD does but MODs in general don't behave well with the WordPress version. But that aside I'm happy to make the changes for you as but you have to bear in mind that while I'll try to make things similar, there will be differences once we switch. Just let me know via email if you want me to switch to the new WP version. (vince AT ecommercetemplates DOT com)

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2022 :  09:37:49  
The ServeLink Download Management mod allows customers to access all the download links to their digital download products in their Customer account. 99% of my business is digital downloads and it saves me a lot of headaches having to email the download links to customers because they don't read their emails.

I'll email you the other info privately.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000