Forgot your Password?

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
Author « Topic »  

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1686 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2022 :  14:22:46  
I'm using the donation page for payments. Followed the instructions and it's going well. However, as this is the only page on the website, I need to remove the continue shopping button, terms and conditions, and while the coupon is gone from the checkout data entry page, it's still on the cart page before checkout. How can I get rid of it? I have this in the includes. $GLOBALS['noshowdiscounts']=TRUE;

I've removed the 'terms' text but the checkbox is still showing.

Remove the continue shopping?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2022 :  17:47:54  
Hi Lady M, wile there ay be paramters for some of those, the easiest may be to use css for all of them.

On the page, right click on the area you want to hide, then click "inspect" and you should see the class for that item. It's a great tool for identifying classes.
From there, just add them all to your css file.

div.classone, div.classtwo, div.classthree, div.classfour, div.classfive {
display:none;
}

Post back if you are having troubles.

Thanks,
David

Vince
Administrator

42428 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2022 :  23:18:00  
quote:
Hi Lady M, wile there ay be paramters for some of those, the easiest may be to use css for all of them.
Yes, I think there are parameters in some cases. Or at least if you don't specify a terms and conditions page it won't be displayed so check for a parameter, $termsandconditions in the includes.php file and also for a Content Region in the admin with the name, "termsandconditions".
For coupons, if you don't have any coupons defined or gift certificates enabled then the coupon number box isn't displayed.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1686 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2022 :  00:35:14  
Ok, I'll check both of those parameters, thanks. I do have old coupons and gift certificates in the cart. Do they count? Or are we still talking the includes?

In our testing, we send out invoice 853 to the customer - but when payment is made, it comes back as a new order, with the next number - 854. Have I missed a step?

The payments are for shipping. Should I have, or not have, a product defined with a 0.00 amount?

(May have more questions in the morning, it's 3:30 am and my mind is still going round and round. Grin.)

Edited by - LadyM on 10/14/2022 00:41:53

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2022 :  08:08:33  
Hi Lady M, yes the payment is indeed a new order (number)

What we do (at my store), is cancel the order for the payment, after any needed capture, or verification of payment, then add a note to the customers actual order, in the additional information section.

Admin note - Original total $123.00
Added shipping charges. New total $135.00
Additional balance paid on order 854

We then trigger a new email receipt to the customer so they have an updated email receipt and can see acknowledgement of the payment. This also give you a record of what happened.

Thanks,
David

Edited by - dbdave on 10/14/2022 08:09:38

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1686 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2022 :  08:17:36  
That's kind of what we decided to do. We need to keep the original order to double check the payment is correct so I created a new status (Shipping Invoice) and the payment is marked completed. We have only the shipping on the invoice which is what is unique. No product amount.

Now we have to deal with those who can't click on a link! *shaking head*

Thanks for the help. This forum is great.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10245 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2022 :  10:04:26  
Hi LadyM, I'm not sure if this is a concern for you, but the reason we set the payment to cancelled is to prevent it from counting towards our stats. Any order not in unauthorized, or cancelled status will count towards your stat totals in the admin.

It sounds like you might be in this situation. Just so you are aware, it's entirely up to you on how you handle these, so you do what's best for you.
I just wanted to make you aware.

Thanks,
David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000