There was no pID column specified Error
Author « Topic »  

DavidX
Ecommerce Template Expert

925 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2022 :  15:12:25  
I just received this error:

There was no pID column specified

The IS a pID column with "pID" on the top. The file was downloaded via "Filtered Inventory". Then, I changed something in every row of the pID column, then I saved and closed in Open office Calc then tried to upload it as "add to database". Did I miss something?

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10276 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2022 :  17:19:02  
Did you alter or remove the header row?
If not, you might want to open the file in a text editor such as notepad to see if you see anything strange as Open Office, just like Excel can allow strange things to happen sometimes, including the dreaded leading zero issues.

David

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2022 :  07:43:38  
I did nothing to the header row whatsoever. It's strange. I'm working on a project with this so I've been doing this a lot lately with the only difference being that I'm uploading the files using "update" as opposed to "add" and it's been working flawlessly. In this case however I downloaded the csv and deleted the the items from the site and changed the info in the pID column by one digit in order to create all new items.
I opened it in Textpad and it all looks normal as far as I can tell.

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2022 :  08:01:28  
Small update: I opened it in Textpad and it wasn't formatted like it would be in Calc which I think is normal. After that I opened it in Excel and it looks the same as it does in Textpad. I opened it in Calc and it looks as it should. Does that provide and clues?

Vince
Administrator

42464 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2022 :  08:15:42  
Hi DavidX
Could you maybe open it in notepad and copy and paste the first couple of lines here so we can see what the header line is?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2022 :  08:19:39  
pID pName pSection pPrice pWholesalePrice pListPrice pShipping pShipping2 pWeight pDisplay pSell pBackOrder pGiftWrap pExemptions pInStock pDims pTax pDropship pStaticPage pStockByOpts pRecommend pOrder pSKU pManufacturer pSearchParams pTitle pMetaDesc pStaticURL pMinQuant pDateAdded pDescription pLongDescription
Angel(1999)0001a(MC)Alts Angel (1st Series) (1999) 1 (Art Cover) 109 4 0 4 0 0 0.01 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 25 0 1/25/2015 GRADE: F to NM "GRADE: F to NM<br>
CONDITION NOTES: <br>
COVER DATE: <br>
SPECIAL NOTES: <br>
COVER NOTES: <br>
STORY ARC: <br>
STORY(S): <br>
TEXT PAGE(S): <br>
APPEARANCES: <br>
WRITER(S): <br>
ARTIST(S): <br>
INKER(S): <br>
COLORIST(S): <br>
LETTERER(S): <br>
EDITOR(S): "
Angel(1999)0001b(MC)Alts Angel (1st Series) (1999) 1 (Photo Cover) 109 4 0 4 0 0 0.01 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 25 0 1/25/2015 GRADE: F to NM "GRADE: F to NM<br>
CONDITION NOTES: <br>
COVER DATE: <br>
SPECIAL NOTES: <br>
COVER NOTES: <br>
STORY ARC: <br>
STORY(S): <br>
TEXT PAGE(S): <br>
APPEARANCES: <br>
WRITER(S): <br>
ARTIST(S): <br>
INKER(S): <br>
COLORIST(S): <br>
LETTERER(S): <br>
EDITOR(S): "

DavidX

925 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2022 :  08:34:31  
Fixed! I just copied everything and pasted into a new document and uploaded it and it worked. The original had been corrupt maybe?

Vince
Administrator

42464 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2022 :  01:48:45  
I think the original instead of being a comma delimited CSV file is a TAB delimited CSV file. You can only use comma delimited files.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000