jghomestead
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/16/2023 :  11:20:17  
Hi,
I'm setting up to process payments with Square. I'm following the directions on ECT's website, but I'm not sure about something.
In my Square account, it gives connection credentials using OAuth and asks for a Redirect URL. Do I need to use any of this OAuth stuff to setup my Square payments?

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2023 :  03:01:13  
Hi jghomestead
All the OAuth stuff is done for you by us and you just have to enter your Application ID, Access Token and Location ID in the ECT Admin -> Payment Providers page. The redirect URL is also automatically set based on the Store URL you set in the ECT Admin -> Main Settings page.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

tgorski
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2023 :  14:51:57  
Can I get any help on setting up our clients website to accept squareup?

I've been searching for a while and this seems to be the only post address "set up" while all the others were about problems with square, which I am beginning to understand since they told me I'd have to create MY OWN api!

I see that I only need an Application ID and Access Token, but I can't get help with that either, other than an email that says "See if you can find what you're looking for in this list of articles"!

Thanks!

Tim Gorski

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10278 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2023 :  15:40:06  
Hi Tim, try this page.
Square is super easy to setup.
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/phphelp/ecommplus/squareup.asp

David

tgorski
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2023 :  12:26:57  
Thanks, Dave ... so I was able to log into the sandbox where I was able to run a successful test transaction, but when I log back into the customer's account to get their app id and access token, the account says it hasn't been activated, yet the client says she completed that?

And when I go back into the developers sandbox, there a "replace token" link ... am I supposed to use that?

I've tried calling but their support does NOT seem very "technical" because they gave me a bunch of links and said "read this"!

Tim Gorski

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10278 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2023 :  12:35:51  
I had created credentials for the sandbox and then when ready, I created new credentials called "production"
In the end, I think they both would have worked.
I would just try a test transaction for under $1.00 and see if the payment goes through.
It sounds like it's working.
If you have "demo mode" ticked in the admin, just undo that.

David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000