Minimum purchase quantity
Author « Topic »  

larryoos
Advanced Member

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2023 :  04:59:01  
Two questions -

Can I set a minimum purchase quantity per category?

If the minimum purchase quantity is not met, can I display a message in the cart but still allow checkout? Something like "FYI: There is a $25 charge for orders less than xx" ?

Larry

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2023 :  10:51:43  
Hi Larry
You can't set the minimum purchase per category but you can set a minimum to all the products in a category in a couple of clicks by going to the products admin page, select the category that you wish to set this for and list the products. Then select "Minimum quantity" from the Quick Entry. Then at the left you have a "Set" button where you can enter a number, click "Set" and all the products listed in the "Quick Entry" will take that value. Then update.
But the message isn't possible I'm afraid, no. If the quantity isn't reached the customer will not be able to checkout.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

larryoos
Advanced Member

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2023 :  11:16:20  
Vince,

I've set a minimum of 1 for a certain product but it seems to have no effect. Do I have to remove the minimum from includes.asp before this will work?

Larry

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2023 :  03:39:47  
Hi Larry
All that would do is mean that if you buy that product, you have to buy at least one of them . . . but that would be the case anyway. I think you are expecting the cart to force the customer to buy one even though it's not in their cart but that isn't how this works I'm afraid and there isn't a way to do that.

Vince

larryoos
Advanced Member

USA
451 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2023 :  04:42:14  
Okay, I shouldn't have used a quantity of one for my example.

I have the sitewide minpurchasequantity=30 in includes.asp

On product ID 34430 I set a minimum quantity of 2.

If I add 5 of those items to the cart, checkout is not available because the sitewide minimum takes precedence over the the more granular product quantity. Shouldn't the opposite be true? Shouldn't the product minimum take precedence?

Larry

Vince
Administrator

42425 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2023 :  05:38:42  
Hi Larry
Really, it's just a case of both rules are being obeyed. I'm sorry if that's not what you intended but it would be really difficult to implement orders of precedence.

Vince

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000