Ups Negotiated rates
Author « Topic »  

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/17/2023 :  09:31:55  
What what the code you put in your includes to test negotiated rates.

My Ups rep says everything is configured correctly on his end yet I am getting shipping rates that come out $2 to $30 higher than my negotiated rates. We have daily pick up so I selected 01 for pickup and my rates go even higher… so I select 03 for will drop off and they lower… but still way above my actual negotiations.

Scott

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2023 :  01:50:59  
Hi Scott
Try adding this parameter to your includes.php file...
$debugxmlemails=TRUE;
Then try rating a package (ie go through checkout) and you should get an email with the UPS request and response. Then send that to your UPS rep and they should be able to check that everything is set up ok for your negotiated rates.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/18/2023 :  18:48:36  
I am using ASP, which I thought there is no rate tracking to be able to test this??

Scott

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2023 :  01:41:23  
Hi Scott
In that case it is...
debugxmlemails=TRUE
And by rating a package I just mean go through the checkout process. Once you get rates on the store you should get the email.

Vince

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/20/2023 :  13:58:32  
I added debugxmlemails=TRUE; and tried placing an order. My order went thru ok, but I have not received and emails about how shipping was calculated to send my UPS rep

Scott

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2023 :  14:12:37  

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/21/2023 :  06:27:16  
I've included the debugxmlemails=TRUE in my includes file and several orders have been placed. I am getting the order emails but nothing else to test the shipping results.

Scott

Vince
Administrator

42488 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2023 :  03:02:51  
Hi Scott
I'm really sorry but it seems there is a difference between the ASP and PHP versions for this parameter. For this to work in ASP you need to set...
debugmode=TRUE
...in your includes.asp file. Make sure you take the parameter out after you get the emails.

Vince

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/01/2023 :  11:06:49  
I just can't seem to get negotiated rates to work. Does anyone else have them working on there site. I have contacted my UPS rep numerus times, and he said he had authorized the rates by my website and gave me the permission rate code to apply to my admin section 2 different times... and I still get rates way higher than my negotiated. I have been playing with the settings just to find what returns the lowest rate, and it is actually a 03 drop off at retail center yields a lower result than daily pick up 01, etc.

Shipping is not to bad off locally, but when I ship across country my negotiated rate will be like $52 but my site told the customer shipping was $87. Makes me wonder if I am loosing order due to too high a shipping.

I ran the XLM debug emails and I sent the result to my UPS rep... who said he had no clue what to du with that... contact your ecommerce platform???

I was just even wondering if negotiated rates is still working for anyone else... of is it maybe it no longer works on ecommercetemplate??

Scott

Scott

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10291 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2023 :  11:18:32  
quote:
XLM debug emails and I sent the result to my UPS rep

Hi, the idea is that your UPS rep would ask one of the UPS developers to review that to see why you are not getting your negotiated rates returned.
The XML should show what's being sent to UPS for a rate, and what's being returned based on that info.

The answers to your issue are in that XML output.
If you want to post it here, I'll take a look.

David

sparksm
Advanced Member

125 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/01/2023 :  13:46:08  
mrbeanbag, I have got the UPS negotiated rates to work before, it is possible. For me the issue was getting the correct credentials, they were much different than anything on UPS's admin site and I had to get them from my rep.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000