Author « Topic »  

charmarsh
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
933 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/27/2023 :  09:39:28  
I purchased the responsive Design Monochrome. It came with a tracking page that doesn't seem to work. It has an area to enter UPS tracking number but when entered it asks for a License number. What is this?? I want the customer to be able to enter their tracking number.

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2023 :  03:03:58  
Hi Charmarsh
Yes, to use the shipping carriers tracking service you need to register with them. Go to the ECT Admin -> Shipping Methods page and click on Register with UPS. Then follow that registration process.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

charmarsh

USA
933 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 04/30/2023 :  11:17:03  
I am registered with UPS, however I use a third party shipper. Plus, I use other carriers too. So, I assume then, that this page will not work as it is.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10284 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2023 :  07:23:57  
If your store is connected to UPS, then yes, the tracking page will work.
You do not need to be offering UPS shipping to customer, but your store does need to be registered via the admin.

David

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2024 :  14:45:14  
Say DBDAVE, do WE have to register our store on the UPS website or isn't that handled automatically by the ECT APIs?

I was having difficulties registering with UPS because the client had a number of unpaid invoices, and was unable to send me a single invoice info for the amount, date weight and control ID.

The client had his local UPS rep contact me who said a new procedure requires the merchant to register with UPS before they can plug into UPS shipping rates.

I then tried registering again and when I clicked Next on the UPS Developer Kit Licensing & Registration Wizard, it took me right to the UPS Admin screen, with the info already filled, even though I didn't have it, and the setup completed successfully.

Then the cart started pulling UPS rates. When I called support to see if the rates were the client's Negotiated Rates, as indicated on the UPS Admin screen in the cart. UPS Support then said "I would like to have the request and response files from the backend so I can check the issue you are facing regarding the negotiated rates."

Exactly which files should I send? And should I NEED to openly register at UPS.com?

Tim Gorski

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10284 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2024 :  17:38:44  
Hi Tim, it's been quite a while since I've been through the process, but it was always just a matter of taking the info from one of my invoices.

Based on other posts, I do believe to use negotiated rates, the shippers UPS account rep would need to activate that availability.

See the last post in this thread for example https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=115302

As for this,
quote:
Then the cart started pulling UPS rates. When I called support to see if the rates were the client's Negotiated Rates, as indicated on the UPS Admin screen in the cart. UPS Support then said "I would like to have the request and response files from the backend so I can check the issue you are facing regarding the negotiated rates."

Exactly which files should I send? And should I NEED to openly register at UPS.com?

Try setting the following in your includes.php file...
$dumpshippingxml=TRUE;
...and then try getting a rate and then you should see the request and response on the cart page. Then take the parameter out quickly before any customers see it.
You need to copy and paste that XML in an email to UPS and hopefully they can discuss the rates with you.

Thanks,
David

tgorski

USA
908 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2024 :  12:32:46  
Thanks DBDAVE ...

is the REQUEST and RESPONSE supposed to be in the cart.php or thanks.php?

I could ONLY find it in thanks.php, so I'll send the text from that file.

Tim Gorski

Vince
Administrator

42474 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2024 :  02:22:40  
Hi Tim
You should see this in the cart.php page as it's when you are actually getting the rates from the shipping servers that this will display.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000