Off topic, News and Updates
 Earn too much and PayPal locks your account
Author « Topic »  

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1875 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2023 :  05:13:29  
This month I have had an unusual number of payments for completing projects and starting new ones. In whatever hell PayPal works in, they are holding my payments for 21 days citing that I have earned over my normal average. Has anyone ever heard of this? I have used them for 24 years, never had a charge back, issued a refund, or received a complaint. And try contacting them to complain. All you get is some AI chat box which is about as useful as ice tongs on the Titanic. And reading their TOS, it would be easier to read the Encyclopedia Britannica (for those of you who remember that). And I am sure they have no intention of paying interest on the money they hold, but are probably making interest holding it.

Yes, this is somewhat of a rant, but also a warning if you were unaware of this policy of theirs.

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2023 :  06:41:31  

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10282 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2023 :  07:40:03  
I left Paypal over a year ago after processing many millions through them. Never an issue.
Never a hold - until....
They started that nonsense with me. They also took away refunding of fees and slowly took away everything that made them better than other processors.
That's when I moved to square.

A few customers have asked about paying with paypal and all of them just used a card to pay.

I have no love for them, and the sad part is I was their biggest fan for a long time.

NOTE - This is my personal experience (and opinions) and should not reflect on ECT's opinion of Paypal.

David

DLSS
ECT Moderator

Canada
3937 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2023 :  08:17:03  
I have not had any issue like this but as David said, they have slowly eroded the benefit they once were.

Mike Beebe
President,
DataLinks Software Solutions
www.dlss.ca

Rate Me Here

ASP and PHP mods - www.dlss.ca/products.asp
A Tremendous Home - www.ATremendousHome.com
Buy Cigars Online www.CigarSmokeShop.net

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
460 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/16/2023 :  06:53:05  
While we do have the occasional issue with PayPal, they've been very reliable lately, and their recent integration with Shipstation offers vastly lower UPS rates compared to what we negotiated with our local UPS rep.

For us this is a huge benefit that allows us to compete with more of the products sold on Amazon.

If you want unmitigated frustration and pain - including long payment delays and repeated account suspensions by no fault of your own - try selling some products on Amazon.

« Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000