Author « Topic »  

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
373 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/23/2023 :  01:55:20  
We use version 7.5.8 with the latest updater (June 23, 2023) applied. We test in the Chrome browser.

When we switch from our cart to the checkoutform the fields are already filled in while the client is not logged in. When we click through to the next (3rd) step the client somehow is logged in and the cart is empty, thus the cart page shows an error as the cart is empty and further steps are not possible.

Might be some cookies or something else is persistent.

When I do the same in Edge (which we do not use that often) all seems to work correct.

How can we ensure (in Chrome) a user which is not logged on stays logged on and his cart content is preserved until the checkout finishes?

Love to hear.

Greetings,

Jaap

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.
www.promanent.com | www.vaarwinkel.nl

Vince
Administrator

42479 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2023 :  03:51:48  
Hi Jaap
The cart seems to be swapping between the www. and the non-www. forms of the URL and that can lead to the kind of bahaviour that you mentioned. What I would do is choose one of those, and preferably the www. form, and then make sure you set the ECT Admin -> Main Settings store URLs to that form of the URL. Then add a rewrite rule to your web.config to force all to that form of the URL. I see you are already enforcing HTTPS which is good.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

jaapg@promanent.com
Advanced Member

Netherlands
373 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/23/2023 :  04:35:07  
Hi Vince,

Many thanks.

I had set the orstoreurl parameters in includes.asp to force our testsite to use the test cart page.

I have now set this to include www. and seems to work.

Greetings,

Jaap

jaapg@promanent.com
Promanent b.v.
www.promanent.com | www.vaarwinkel.nl
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000