Author « Topic »  

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 05/19/2022 :  11:23:31  
I need credit card processing help.

We make custom boat covers we ship all over the USA. We are back ordered now 120 days from order to ship. I have been trying to find a solution to ba able to get a credit card when a person orders, but now charge the card until we ship 120 days later on average.

We use to use Capture Card back when it was available and then we would run the cc in house when ready. However, with the discontinuance of capture card, we have tried PayPal Pro Authorize and capture.... and Swipe... but after 30 days any cards Authorized and not captured are released and all cc info is erased. We are not able to process in 30 days due to the 120 days back ordered... so we are having to call every customer to get there cc info again when it disappears in 30 days.

Authorize net claims they can have our website create a customer profile where we can then basically store the cc until we are ready to ship. They have a API they claim will create the customer profile at time of order, but say we would need to get ahold of ecommercetemplates or maybe a developer to integrate the API shown here https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#customer-profiles

Does anyone else have any solutions to being able to process credit cards months later. Or can ecommercetemplates help me install thei Autorize.net API to make Authorize.net work the way we need. Or can you suggest a developer who could intergrate this for me.

Scott

Scott

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2022 :  14:48:56  
Hi Scott, being it's a made-to-order item, have you considered just capturing the funds when the order is placed and no need to worry about it later?
I know that's not the solution you are asking for, but being a custom item, made to order, it's not unreasonable for the customer to expect this, IMO.
Thanks,
David

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 06/24/2023 :  13:13:20  
I have suggested just taking the money... but we are typically back ordered 7 weeks this time of year, and since orders are large $$ amounts, customers get upset when we take there money for months before shipping. There are also a number of orders that just never get fulfilled due to lack of information from the customers about measurements needed to be send in at a later time to complete the order.

Right now, I can capture the transaction $, then I can manually create a subscription on Authorized.net, which will change the customers cc inform from capture and delete after 30 days to hold on file until we choose to delete. Then I have to manually delete the subscription so my customers do not get recurring charges... and now stored, I can process the cc 30+ days out when we finally get to there order.

The workaround works, just very much labor intensive creating this subscription then cancelling the subscription. Just wondering if anyone else had an easier way to take an order, but not the $$... but have the ability to charge 30-120 days later. Almost all cc companies only hold a charge for 30 days before the cc info is erased unless charged in under 30 days or a subscription is created.

Scott

Scott

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2023 :  02:28:43  
Hi Scott,

If you're willing to switch to PHP there's an add on available - https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114201

I can give you a price if you like to make the switch, I've switched quite a few ASP sites over to PHP so they can use capture card, it's not a massive task, it can be done more or less the same day.

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Edited by - Phil on 06/25/2023 07:02:03

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2023 :  09:11:05  
Hi Scott
120 days from authorization is a long time so I see you have a workaround but I don't think that's something that any payment processor would allow for "as standard." But following on from what Dave says, how about charging a deposit (charged immediately) and get the customer to pay balance when shipping?

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2023 :  09:34:10  
Yes, you could just capture half the funds when the order comes through, then setup the donations page, making it into a make-a-payment page and when ready to ship, send the customer an email and have them pay the balance at your website.
Personally, on my store, we never ask for a customers card number. We do not want to ever see your card information, and really more and more businesses should operate this way.
Have you noticed restaurants coming up with ways for you to pay at the table?
You never want to give your card to someone and have them walk away, you never want to give your card number to anyone over the phone, if you can avoid it.

I do not want to have to worry if one of my employees is writing card numbers down on a piece of paper to process a payment, then forget to destroy it and go to lunch, or leave for the day, and that info is just laying around somewhere.

IMHO, all business should adopt these principals and there would be a little bit less stolen card info.

Just some food for thought.

Thanks,
David
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000