Off topic, News and Updates
 Zoom Search - Blank Results Page
Author « Topic »  

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  10:18:28  
Hi, is anyone else using Zoom Search on their site?

We bought a Zoom Search Engine Professional v7 license 5 years ago. Suddenly the search results appear blank on our site running PHP 8.0.29.

I suspect that our only resolution might be to buy a new $199 license, but I figured I'd ask if anyone else has seen this.

TIA for any suggestions.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10347 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  11:34:14  
Hi Paul, I don't use that, but on the page with the error, try viewing the console for errors - maybe a clue to the issue.
Typically you can hit F12, but you can also right click and select "inspect", then check the console for errors.
Maybe it will reveal the issue.

If it's the PHP version, you might try rolling that back to see if it works and then you'll know it's outdated and not compatible with the latest veersions of PHP.

Thanks,
David

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  11:54:48  
Dave, I'm pretty sure that, like you said, it's an issue with our 5-year-old v7 license not supporting our current PHP version.

Our server logs showed repeated "PHP Fatal error: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported" which seems to suggest this.

I've followed the advice of the software publisher and bought an upgrade.

ETA: that upgrade fixed the issue.

Edited by - pauld on 10/13/2023 11:06:18

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10347 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  13:31:31  
Hi Paul, yes it does sound like the PHP version was the issue.
I was just looking at their website.
What do you like about this, versus the built in ECT search?

Thanks,
David

pauld
Advanced Member

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2023 :  13:48:30  
Dave, Zoom Search has a lot of ability to customize, and to crawl pages outside of the cart.

I probably should have checked into the included Cart search feature before paying to upgrade Zoom Search, but since I'm used to configuring Zoom Search and the site was broken I settled for the fast, expensive route.

Zoom Search does have some interesting features like indexing images with OCR, BTW.

For a look at Zoom Search behavior, you can try the Search box at the top of our website pages https://www.cloghog.com.

Edited by - pauld on 08/02/2023 13:49:34
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.01 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000