WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 PP return to error page
Author « Topic »  

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1692 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2023 :  15:56:03  
Hi,

Our server had a problem yesterday and the site was down. It's back up today and emails are being received and sent. However, all orders are coming in unauthorized. I just did a test and got this error message after making my payment at PayPal. I did get the email from PayPal confirming my payment. (Cart is v. 7.4.2 - haven't had a chance to update as I've been out of the country.)

Could not connect to the URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

I searched the forum and found this back in 2020 but is it something I can fix or a hosting problem?

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2023 :  01:11:49  
Hi LadyM
That sounds like one of the PayPal urls is down but is this PayPal Standard or Express? It really is time to update to the new PayPal Checkout and in the latest version it only takes a few clicks to connect.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1692 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2023 :  10:02:35  
PP Standard. I know I need to do an update but I have to wait for the person who has the PP account to be available. I'll try to just get the update done then. Thanks.

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1692 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2023 :  07:04:39  
Update: I'm going to do the cart updater.

It seems to be all of the carts and they are still getting the error message. If it was PP, wouldn't they have fixed it by now? None of the receipts are being mailed.

In the interim of updating, can I just manually authorize orders and resend the receipts?

Do I need to have the client available for access to PayPal after the update or do I not need them?

Btw, I have one account hosted elsewhere and new orders, as of this morning, are not having the problem.

Edited by - LadyM on 10/23/2023 10:35:57
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000