WordPress for Ecommerce Templates
 Problem Connecting to Paypal
Author « Topic »  

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2023 :  11:44:42  
Today my site has started giving an error that it can't connect to Paypal. I haven't updated to the newest version. Has something changed with Paypal that requires me to update?

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2023 :  12:16:00  
Here's the error on the Paypal screen of the shopping cart...

PayPal Payment Pro error: Could not connect to the URL: https://api-3t.paypal.com/2.0/

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2023 :  12:23:33  
READ MY FINAL POST IN THIS THREAD - IT HAS THE MOST CURRENT INFO OF WHAT I'VE TRIED SO FAR.

I went ahead and updated my site to 7.7.2, went through the wizard setup for paypal checkout on the payment page thinking maybe I needed to do something different. Got emails from Paypal saying everything was approved even though I've had a Paypal business account for years.

I keep working at this issue and will continue to edit my topic.

I went through the wizard setup for the new Paypal Checkout, but when it asks me to enter my Paypal email, it quickly flashes a message that I cannot entirely read about the email already being used and returns me to the page to enter my email. I've gone into the settings for Paypal Checkout, but it tells me I have to connect to my Paypal account and redirects me to the wizard, and we loop all over again. I tried clearing my browser cache which logged me out of my ETC admin panel, and now I can't get back in because of a recaptcha error message: Could not connect to the URL: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/siteverify

Any suggestions would be appreciated because my site is dead in the water at the moment.

Edited by - sharonchinn on 11/02/2023 16:37:49

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10284 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2023 :  16:03:24  
Hi, there have been quite a few posts recently regarding Paypal (new version) setup.
I personally do not use Paypal, but from the posts, such as this ( https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/support/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=115558 the new version setup is very easy.
I expect Vince will be along shortly and he should see this posts and may be the best person to assist.

Thanks,
David

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2023 :  16:35:21  
Thanks David, but I guess I'll have to wait for Vince. My site had been working perfectly until earlier today. I hadn't made any changes, but suddenly my customers could not checkout by through Paypal either by debit/credit card or by Paypal account payment. I thought maybe it was related to my site not being updated to the most recent version, so I did that and followed the advice to move to the Paypal Checkout option in payment provider settings.

I've been through the set up Wizard multiple times. It tells me I'm connected and returns me to my admin page, but when I go into the setup page to actually enable Paypal Checkout, I'm not connected and it hasn't been populated with any info. I've tried manually adding the info in the setup page. Sometimes I can get the credit/debit card selection to show up on my shopping cart, but you cannot enter data in the card #, exp date, or CVV # fields. Nothing shows up for Paypal Express even though I have that selected in setup.

I read in another thread I should keep Payflow Pro enabled, so re-enabled that and can enter info in credit card fields, but when it's submitted, I get this error: Could not connect to the URL: https://payflowpro.paypal.com

This whole setup is very confusing and at the moment I can't accept any payments on my site. I do have a support ticket submitted to Paypal, but I don't now if the problem is on their end or the ECT end.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10284 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2023 :  16:42:16  
Hi Sharon, this part of your response -
quote:
but when I go into the setup page to actually enable Paypal Checkout, I'm not connected and it hasn't been populated with any info. I've tried manually adding the info in the setup page. Sometimes I can get the credit/debit card selection to show up on my shopping cart, but you cannot enter data in the card #, exp date, or CVV # fields. Nothing shows up for Paypal Express even though I have that selected in setup.

Leads me to believe you might be trying to use the old Paypal and the new, at the same time.
From my understanding, with the new Paypal, you use the wizard only and disable the old Paypal versions.
Have you tested with all of the old versions of Paypal disabled and using the wizard only, then see what you get?

Thanks,
David

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2023 :  17:03:59  
I was originally using Paypal Payflow Pro and Paypal Express. I've disabled both of those because I thought the new Paypal Checkout was a replacement for all of the other Paypal options. I already have a Paypal business account.

I just tried one more time and it still doesn't work even though the wizard tells me everything is set up and redirects me back to ViciSoft SL.

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2023 :  18:24:34  
I've been continuing to pick away at this issue. I've now been able to get the buttons to show up in my Paypal Checkout for PAYPAL, VENMO, and DEBIT/CREDIT CARD (I hid the Pay Later and Local Payments). But I can't get beyond this point because a popup error shows up if I click on any of the buttons ===== Error: Unexpected token 'C', "Could not "... is not valid JSON

Not sure what the error means?

To get this far I went into my Paypal Account Settings - API Access - Manage Rest API Apps and Credentials - MyApp_ViciSoft SL - then copied the key and pasted it in the Client ID field of the Paypal Checkout setup since it wasn't filling in automatically. Because I had repeatedly tried to set this up through the wizard, it created a new key each time, and I had close to a dozen API Client ID's setup. I deleted all but 1. I'm still not quite sure what to put in the Password and Merchant ID fields of the Paypal Checkout setup or if the data I filled in is what is causing the error or something else.

Strange but I have another small site that is luckily very inactive, and I realized the checkout payment option had disappeared on it also today. I used Paypal Standard. So I thought I'd try the wizard setup on that site, but the same issues are occurring.

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2023 :  04:21:31  
I got up this morning and tried the clicking the checkout buttons again and this is the error I'm getting now about no access token returned ...

On the Payment Providers wizard page I have this error...

Error!
There was an error connecting your PayPal account.

Edited by - sharonchinn on 11/03/2023 05:02:58

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2023 :  08:23:37  
HURRAY! After ServeLink announced the api problem appeared to be fixed, I retried the Paypal Checkout wizard and it worked!

I think all is resolved now.

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2023 :  03:50:33  
Hi Sharon
My apologies for not replying but we were in contact with Servelink about this issue and they've posted some information here about the resolution...
https://servelink.com/clients/index.php?rp=/announcements/54/API-communication-errors.html

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

sharonchinn
Advanced Member

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2023 :  04:44:35  
Thanks Vince. It was a stressful day until I learned it was something on ServeLinks end and not something I had done. But the good result is it forced me to update to the newest cart version and install the Paypal Checkout. The new checkout looks so much cleaner and I love that the paypal receipts now show the products that were purchased with the payment.

Now it's inspired me to do some other updates, so you'll probably be getting some questions from me about tweaking the dynamic home page for Wordpress and other css questions.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000