7.7.3. PayPal Shipping Error
Author « Topic »  

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/05/2024 :  08:32:08  
I just updated to ASP Version 7.7.3. Since I have PayPal payments are not collecting shipping consistently. If I sell a $100 product and then shipping $10 so the total will be $100... PapPal is only charging the customer the $100. Everything was working fine before the update. This just started happing since I updated??

Here is invoice.

Soling One Meter Blue Orange
S
$142.00

Total Weight: 4
Order Total: $142.00
Shipping: $16.12
Handling: $5.00
Grand Total: $163.12

But here is what PayPal received and charged since updating to 7.7.3

Order details Quantity Price Subtotal
Soling One Meter Blue Orange :
1 $142.00 USD
$142.00 USD
Purchase Total $142.00 USD
Payment details
Purchase Total$142.00 USD
Sales Tax$0.00 USD
Shipping Amount$0.00 USD
Handling Amount$0.00 USD
Insurance Amount$0.00 USD
Gross Amount$142.00 USD
PayPal Fee-$5.45 USD
Net Amount$136.55 USD

Studying my invoices, the invoices that passed shipping and insurance to PayPal and worked correctly, look like this.

Shipping Method: First-Class Mail
Shipping options: Shipping insurance included.

The ones that have all the same options chosen in the products... these did not work correctly. they only passed the product total to PayPal and dropped the shipping and insurance even though my invoice has it all shown....

Shipping Method: First-Class Mail
--------------------------------------blank nothing here -------------

I now have 5 orders that did not pass shipping and insurance and 3 that worked. So, I have gone back to my previous version which I had backed up as I do not want any more orders not working correctly.

I see in the notes about 7.7.3 that shipping, and insurance were worked on as they did not round correctly and swapping between the shipping methods could also remove the insurance from an order.... something is going wrong here as I am not using any discounts on any of the products ordered, and 5 of 8 orders lost their insurance when sending to PayPal. My ecommercetemplates invoice is correct and shows insurance and shipping.

Anyway... I am not back on 7.6 something but wanted to let you know of this problem with 7.7.3

Scott

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2024 :  02:58:24  
Hi Scott
I just tried a test order on your website and it seems you are still using PayPal Standard payments. If that's the case, this hasn't been supported for years and has been replaced by PayPal Checkout. In the ECT Admin -> Payment Providers page there is a wizard to connect to PayPal Checkout and it takes a couple of minutes . . . really. Once connected, in the settings you can choose to add the Express payment flow, take cards, alternate payment methods or just the new form of PayPal account payments. I really would switch to that as if there are any problems with PayPal Standard or PayPal Express, PayPal will just want you to change to the new API.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/19/2024 :  05:56:43  
I actually have a little home business and it is the website I updated to 7.7.3 is where the problem occurred. https://www.beanbag.com/wjsails.htm

Not every order, but about 89% of them did not pass the shipping to PayPal correctly. My invoice on ecommercetmeplates showed the exact right amount with shipping etc..

example order sub total 100
shipping 10
total 110

But payPal would only collect $100 no shipping

It did not happen all the time but most of the time.

This was 2 weeks ago... and it seemed you might be gone as I was not getting a reply on this chat last week... so I went ahead and replaced all my pages with a backup of 7.6? and now everything seems to be working on the shipping issue. I did not re-set my database after updating to 7.7.3 back to 7.6 as I had to many orders I would have lost.

However...

I have had 2 customers tell me when they try to checkout by choosing log in to PayPal, they get a JSON error. They tried several times and same thing... then they selected checkout using a credit card via PayPal, and no problems.

I've tired to replicate this issue, but it logs right in to PayPal for me, so I was not able to get this error.

Could my problem be coming from the fact the database was upgraded to 7.7.3 but I'm running 7.6.... or something else.

Like I mentioned, I cannot seem to replicate the problem. Inly happening when they click Pay via login to PayPal.

I'm afraid to go back to 7.7.3 as shipping not collected was terrible.

Scott

Scott

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2024 :  10:00:27  
Hi Scott
Is this PayPal Standard, PayPal Express, PayPal Checkout . . . or some other flavor of PayPal?

Vince

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/19/2024 :  11:31:40  
PayPal Checkout

with PayPal lo9gin and Credit Card Processing via PayPal selected as 2 pay options

Scott

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/19/2024 :  17:41:50  
Customers comment

Additional Information:
I tried using PayPal and it did not finish processing: "Error: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data"

Scott

Vince
Administrator

42473 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2024 :  08:00:25  
Hi Scott
I tried the same order lines as the person who got that JSON error but it seemed ok to me. Do you want me to update the site to make sure we have a good version of the scripts and we can try to go from there. If you still get a problem then we can try to recreate it and fix it?

Vince

mrbeanbag

USA
82 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/20/2024 :  11:21:34  
I'm pretty sure I'm running v7.6.4 ASP

but my admin is going to say 7.7.3 as I did update... but that is where I ran into the shipping amount not getting passed to PayPal... so I over-wrote 7.7.3 all my files with my back-up 7.6.4.... however, I did not replace the database with the 7.6.4 version as I had too many orders, I would have lost to do that...

So do not think I can update... I am afraid to try 7.7.3 again.....

Scott
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000