General
 Design issues
 soft cart and zindex
Author « Topic »  

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1692 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2024 :  08:31:59  
In wordpress: from the product detail page, the soft cart goes under the heading unless the user has scrolled down the page. The header has a z-index of 99999. When I copy/paste the main-header code minus the z-index into the additional css in appearance, the header disappears completely. (Using the Divi theme).

So can I add a greater value z-index to the soft cart div.scwrap in the ectcart.css and if so, how do I stop it being overwritten in an update?

What is the best solution?

I probably need instructions on how to add a custom style sheet to a wordpress site?

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1692 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2024 :  08:09:00  
Bumping this up please. Soft cart is still under heading and as I'm making css changes, what do I need to do to prevent them being overwritten when the cart is updated? Wordpress site using 7.6.5. Going live tomorrow.

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10278 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2024 :  08:39:57  
quote:
So can I add a greater value z-index to the soft cart div.scwrap in the ectcart.css and if so, how do I stop it being overwritten in an update?

Just like languagefile/includes changes, you just copy over any lines you want to change in the ectcart.css file over to your own stores css file and make the changes there.
Then just make sure the call to your css files, in your pages, your own store css file is called "after" the ectstore.css file as the last one takes precedence.

Thanks,
David

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1692 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2024 :  08:43:35  
I've asked on the divi FB page how to remove the z-index as it works perfectly when I do.

That was easy enough to do in php, but this is wordpress. I don't know where to look to see the order of the style sheets or how they are included in a page. I can certainly add another style sheet by uploading one but ... I can add custom css into the wordpress appearance. Maybe I should be putting my changes there but I'm trying to find a 'best practice'. This is my second wordpress site so I'm still floundering a little bit.

Re the z-inde: I get this message when I try to add it to div.scwrap in Google developer tools.

The position: static property prevents z-index from having an effect.
Try setting position to something other than static.

Edited by - LadyM on 03/19/2024 08:59:24

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10278 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2024 :  14:42:56  
Hi Lady M, sorry, but I have never used the wordpress version, so I am not familiar with how to manage your store pages.
You might just view source on one of your pages, and see if your ectcart.css file is listed before your other stylesheets.
If that's the case, then nothing to worry about. Just add the css changes to one of your other stylesheets.

You can certainly edit the ectstore.css file, but then as you mention before, it will be overwritten by updates.
You may be able to solve this by setting a z-index on your heading (if it's not already set), but just make sure it's a lower number than the z-index setting on the soft cart.

If you can't get it sorted, I'm sure Vince will be along with some info on how to access your stylesheets in wordpress.

Thanks,
David

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1692 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2024 :  14:48:42  
This is only my second Wordpress after 20 years of PHP so I'm not familiar with everything but I need to learn it too.

There's really no rush. The add to cart button is far enough down the page the cart is ok. It's only me that sees it under the heading. I've asked for help on FB also.

I know Vince will get me out of this but thanks for replying.

Vince
Administrator

42472 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2024 :  00:30:47  
Setting the z-index is a good idea, but it will only work on positioned elements so doesn't do any good on the soft cart. What we generally do when the theme header gets in the way is shuffle the soft cart down a bit with this in the WordPress Customizer -> Custom CSS ...

div.scwrap, div.qbuywrapper, div.iuwrap {
margin: 25vh auto 0 auto;
}

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

LadyM
ECT Moderator

1692 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2024 :  08:18:57  
That code works perfectly. I kept it as a snippet for future reference.

Thanks.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000