Page: of 9

netdtek
Starting Member

USA
38 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/28/2005 :  22:07:07  
I'd enjoy some information regarding dropshippers as well. Equitable? Would you mind sharing the list you've compiled with me?

I'll contribute that SMC (Specialty Merchandise Corp) worked for a friend of mine. I'm waiting on some info myself from them right now.

Cheers

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  04:14:10  
Thats funny you mention SMC. I worked for their telemarketing department for 4 years. Great company but extremely high pressure sales. Especially if a ecommerce account executive gets a hold of you. It's really sad, they charge you anywhere from $60 - $250 just for an account, not only did employee's get it for free but there is no cost to SMC.

My compiled list will most likely be done in about a week. It keeps getting smaller & smaller but will be all quality, don't worry.

realplayz
Starting Member

5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  22:10:40  
Hi!

I was reading your information. I was going to use NETDROPSHIPPER.COM but decided not to after I did research. I have been looking for a dropshipper or a wholesaler for a long time and have had no luck.

Well I wanted to let you (equitableelectronics) know that I would like a dropshipper. I would also like to let you know that I have couple lists of dropshippers/wholesalers for video games, clothing, and much more. I would like to give those lists to you so you could check them out and put them on your list. I do not know how to contact you since I am new here. Is it possible you could email me at jaguar5367@yahoo.com so I could give you this information. I want to help you with this list. Thank you so much for your help and please email me. OR you could IM me on AIM at AKhanna13

P.S. I would like the list of dropshippers. Thank you

netdtek
Starting Member

USA
38 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  04:22:43  
dont' forget me at rbrandon.biz - thanks

info@rkbrandon<nospam>.biz - <remove nospam>

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  12:07:34  
Okay, give me another day or two to clean it up, I am so busy. Thanks!

joeink
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  18:54:09  

New to your site but have a little info about drop shippers...

1st unless you have more money than you know what to do with, you
will need to use a broker. Don't get them confused with a supplier, they just buy the item and mark it up - It works something like this -

A Broker has direct ties to the mfg's - do to volume (100,000 + orders per year) he gathers as many dealers as possible to keep that conection
and sell that mfg goods.

Yes a broker can work from home or a 1 room office, he does nothing more than get the best prices for his dealers and tell the mfg where to ship the items.

Caution - if a broker is marking up more than 1.5% then its time to find a new broker

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  22:29:12  
What great information. What I have learned with the number of dropshippers I have been "testing" is they are making my money! Yes it is tuff going direct to the manufacturer with a handful of orders but their are distributors out there offering thousand of products with minimal markup.

The big problem with many dropshippers is inventory. Its really hard to sell products that is in someother location being sold. I have been burnt on many occassions due to lack of inventory & communication. Therefore compiling a list of quality distributors is complicated as hell!!

realplayz
Starting Member

5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  08:29:06  
Hey!

I know it is hard. I was wondering if you(equitableelectronics) could email me at jaguar5367@yahoo.com. I would like to talk to you to send you information and if you could send me what you have so far so I can help with the list. Thanks for your help.

realplayz
Starting Member

5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  08:30:15  
Or you could IM me on AIM at AKhanna13

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  13:12:34  
What kind of distributors are you looking for?

realplayz
Starting Member

5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  14:34:31  
Hi!

I mostly looking for elctronics but would also like to sell anything else I could get. Thanks I have couple lists for clothing, shoes, and more.

Thanks

realplayz
Starting Member

5 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  14:36:03  
Hey I forgot to write. Can you give me your email so I can email you the lists. You can email me at jaguar5367@yahoo.com if you don't want to post your email here. Thanks

bargains
Advanced Member

USA
356 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  23:05:31  
Equitableelectronics,

Is there an email address to submit possible wholesalers to, or those to stay away from? I'd be very interested also in your list.

This thread has been very valuable, particularly in noting some dropshippers to stay away from. Perhaps that would also be a good list, not only who is trustworthy, but those to stay away from... worldwidebrands, for instance, after reading about them here.

Thanks!

php v.4.5.5
Virtual Silver

http://www.bargainsandbooks.com
http://www.qualitygiftsanddecor.com

equitableelectronics
Advanced Member

USA
194 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/04/2005 :  12:37:48  
The list will be available in a couple days.

Edited by - equitableelectronics on 02/10/2005 22:31:20

bargains
Advanced Member

USA
356 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  22:25:00  
Hi,

Just wondering if there's any update on this? I emailed, and sent some info also, but haven't received any response.

Thanks,
Kathy

php v.4.5.5
Virtual Silver

bargains
Advanced Member

USA
356 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  22:27:34  
Hi,

Just wondering if there's any update on this? I emailed several days ago, and sent some info also, but haven't received any response...

Thanks,
Kathy

php v.4.5.5
Virtual Silver

stewart

73 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  06:46:39  
Read all the posts about drop shipping and hope this helps. Been doing this for quite a while and I also advise many other companies too. Be careful with this. Yip, of course you need reliable suppliers but that's only the start. It's fine if you just drop ship within your own country but we have stuff coming from USA to UK, USA to Europe, UK to Europe and all over.

You need to consider the detail - VAT clearance, VAT registration, local taxes, invoices accompanying goods etc. I seem to remember making a comment to a company about this. Imagine your customers face when he receives his shipment and then studies the attached docs only to see the prices you paid the supplier for them!! Its a legal requirement that shipping companies will need the value of the goods etc. there are ways around things but drop shipping is the way forward for many products - inventory is dead money is my usual one liner - good suppliers are needed but equally you need to know the detail or your customer will end up paying VAT plus a nice admin fee from one of the shipping companies.

Stewart

http://www.webnomad.co.uk

andrewradmore
Advanced Member

105 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  08:57:02  
Hello,
I am a supplier of printer ink products, cdr/dvdr and computer products.

I am willing to provide dropshipping facilities if anyone is interested. Drop me a line and we can have a more in depth discussion.

Best regards,

Andrew Radmore
Computer Services Wales

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  09:26:17  
Hi

If any ECT user offers drop shipping for their products (ect users only) then we would be happy to list them on www.shoppingcartmods.com - please drop me a mail if anyone wants a listing.

Andy

Ecommerce templates

Check out our ecommerce template hosting

Baicam

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  10:26:56  
Hi All,

If anybody is interested in selling dash kits for cars (for the UK version, see www.dashkitz.com) (for US see www.dashtrim.co.uk). The US versions domain is only temporary!

I am a genuine wholesaler in that I get wholesaler discount from the manufacturer because of the success of dashkitz.com and I am very shortly launching a dropship affiliate service to increase sales further. Because of my success in the UK I have negotiated a big discount from a manufacturer in the US and I am actively working on building the site now (hence the temporary domain name).

I will point out that I do NOT hold stock (So, in fact I must be one of those individuals complained about elsewhere in this forum) but I do place large orders with the manufacturer. I have worked very, very hard to get the website and business to where it is now and it has not happened overnight.

As I said above, I have done the hard work already, and I can now pass on 30% (yes...30%) discount to any affiliates and there is NO minimum order.

The big difference with my affiliation is that the affiliate MUST have a licensed ecommerce website, preferrably with EcommerceTemplates but not essential so that the data that I have can be imported into your site.

I will provide all of the data, pictures, links to my main site products etc. If you have a .ASP site then it is simply a matter of uploading a copy database. If you have a .PHP site then you MUST have a method of bulk uploading a .csv file to your site.

How does it work?

You market your own site. Client views the kit on your site and orders/pays. You order/pay on my site (a login is code needed to initiate the discount) and you then input the CLIENTS details. I process the order and send the kit direct to your client. NO paperwork from me is ever seen by the client.

If anybody is interested and you want further details please contact me.

Colin.

Edited by - Baicam on 02/10/2005 10:55:03
Page: of 9 « Topic »  
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000