Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Find us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter View our YouTube channel
Search our site
 All Forums
 Technical
 Advanced Tips and Tricks - NO QUESTIONS PLEASE
 Shipping Orders - No Cut & Paste Ever Again!
Previous Page
Author « Topic »
Page: of 2

Paradise
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1602 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 07/21/2018 :  12:53:42  
I use SS to get all of my tracking numbers, rarely do I look for them in Ect.

Mark
Responsive Design Deals Ecomm Plus - ASP 6.8
www.paradiseclothingco.com

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10258 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2018 :  14:37:02  
Hi, sorry Chris, I didn't understand that first post.
Yes, the tracking number does copy over for us.
We don't worry that only one of the numbers from multiple packages has copied over.
When we need tracking info regarding an order, we just go straight to ship station.

We also use ship station to send the ship notification email and the delivery notification email.
They are able to get more info this way. It's a powerful email and better data than the ect store email.

We hacked the ss plugin several times to accommodate our needs. The first thing we did was stop it from importing product options. It was a ton of data that was being moved for no reason and if I recall, was causing some other problems. Recently, we stopped the transfer of the private notes back and forth.
What will happen is if you add private notes in your admin after the order is imported into ship station, when you ship, and info is transferred back to your store, your newly added notes get erased. Plus, if you happen to have an apostrophe or a few other special characters in your note, the whole script chokes and your store is not updated for that order.

I think the plugin could use some improvements, but the important thing is it does work and ship station is a beast. With the new scan to print, I have any of my employees creating shipping labels now. I just added two more computers with scales and printers to allow the guys packing to create the ship labels right there where they pack rather than move boxes over to a shipping station.
With that scan to print, they set the box on the scale, scan a barcode, wait a few seconds, and click the letter "P" on the keyboard and out comes a thermal label. It's really incredible.

tgorski
Ecommerce Template Expert

USA
900 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2018 :  17:12:15  
We've signed up for ShipStation but can anyone tell me how to connect to ECT's selling channel? It's not in the list of supported shopping carts.

Tim Gorski

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10258 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2018 :  17:20:45  
Go to the very first post in this thread and there is a link

tgorski

USA
900 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  08:56:30  
I have successfully setup shipstation and connects successfully. The orders are not coming through into shipstation... I have tried updating the order status in the orders admin to each and every status and nothing comes through, any ideas? Oh yeah, I have tried messing with the pre and postShipStatus settings in the xml file as well.

Tim Gorski

Paradise
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1602 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  09:57:48  
You have new orders that are not importing or existing orders?

Mark

tgorski

USA
900 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  13:16:38  
both

Tim Gorski

Paradise
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1602 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  13:31:49  
What do you have for these:

preShipStatus=3
postShipStatus=6

For me, 3 is Authorized & 6 is Shipped in the ECT main settings.

Mark

tgorski

USA
900 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  15:06:58  
Currently I have:
$preShipStatus=3;
$postShipStatus=7;

3 is new order and 7 is completed in ect main settings. I have tried 6 and 7 as well... 6 being "Shipped".

Tim Gorski

ecws
Advanced Member

USA
173 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  15:23:02  
Tim,
It has been so long since I have looked at this code.
It is either the Private text or the Public text from your order status page in ECT.
The easiest way to fix (since I can't remember) is to change it to the opposite of what it is now or put both with a comma in between them.

If they still don't come in, update them to another status, then update it back.

Dean
www.ecomwebstore.com
[img]http://www.ecomwebstore.com/images/ecw_sm.jpg[/img]

tgorski

USA
900 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  16:14:30  
The public fields seem to work... GREAT! Thank you!

Tim Gorski

Steved
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1022 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/03/2019 :  12:03:02  
I’d just like to say I’ve been using Shipstation for a couple of months now with this add-on from Dean and it is absolutely brilliant. Shipstation has taken labelling and automation to a new and massively timesaving level. We use ours with Royal Mail OBA from 3 websites and Amazon and it integrates extremely well. Copy and paste has gone and now we just make a couple of mouse clicks. Currently just sorting our DPD account to work with it too.

Just wish I’d done this years ago...

Steve
Page: of 2 « Topic »  
Previous Page
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000