Author « Topic »  

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  13:51:56  
Hi, I've just enabled the shipping insurance checkbox:
$addshippinginsurance=2;
$shipinsuranceamt=3.5; // Shipping insurance amount is 3.5% of the product total
$forceinsuranceselection=TRUE;

But when I test this only the Canada Post and DHL rates change when I toggle the checkbox. UPS and FedEx do no change. Is this to be expected?
Thanks.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  15:10:47  
Hi Kurtis, the insurance is added to the shipping cost so you wouldn't see a change unless the user select doesn't want insurance.

$addshippinginsurance=2;

will ask the user if they would like shipping insurance, and if so add it to the shipping cost.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2018 :  20:45:04  
Sinbad,
As I said, toggling the insurance checkbox does change Canada Post and DHL, but it does not change UPS or FedEx.

We are using the software version that has the checkbox right on the shipping selector page so it is easy to see.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  00:11:12  
Can you let us know the URL of the page and also what version you are on so we can take a closer look?

Andy

Please feel free to review / rate our software

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  10:07:59  
https://www.fingertechrobotics.com
v6.8.3

Thanks!

Oh also, last night I had to remove $forceinsuranceselection=TRUE; because it was not letting unregistered customers enter their address. It allowed Country and Postal Code, but there were no other boxes to enter address information into, and thus threw errors when they tried to proceed to the next page. Probably something you want to look into as well.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  12:31:32  
Hi Fingertech, it does include insurance when the purchase exceeds the built in insurance, example Fedex automatically insures packages upto 100.00 in value I added 191.68 to the cart and received the following shipping to (same for UPS).

123 mian st
chicago Il

FedEx no ins - 55.08
FedEX with ins - 59.28

UPS no ins - 62.61
UPS with ins - 66.44

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  15:38:53  
I was sure I had tried with larger amounts, but you are correct it seems to work. That problem is sorted out now, but how about the second issue found last night:

I had to remove $forceinsuranceselection=TRUE; because it was not letting unregistered customers enter their address. It allowed Country and Postal Code, but there were no other boxes to enter address information into, and thus threw errors when they tried to proceed to the next page.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  16:06:09  
Hi Fingertech, will have try it on our test sites and get back to you on this.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2018 :  00:17:45  
I've been testing here and can't find a problem using

$forceinsuranceselection=TRUE;

Could you give me a bit more information on exactly what the problem is and how I can try to recreate it please?

Andy

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  13:33:36  
Here is a screenshot of what an unregistered customer sees when $forceinsuranceselection=TRUE;

I won't leave it enabled because unregistered customers won't be able to check out.

When enabled,
-Only the Country dropdown and Zip/Postal Code box are shown. (Zip/Postal is shown twice.)
-Selecting a Country from the dropdown does nothing. (It should open the address boxes to fill out.)
-Clicking "Will Pick Up" does nothing.
-Clicking "I'd like this shipped to a different address" does nothing.

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  13:43:42  
Hi Fingertech, I just tried your site without a login order ID 5021007 once the user selects the country then the appropriate fields display to input the name address. Can you try clearing your browser history / cache or try using a different browser and let us know if you still have the problem

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2018 :  13:57:06  
As I said, I am not leaving $forceinsuranceselection=TRUE;. I had only enabled it for a minute while taking that screenshot.

Andy
ECT Moderator

95440 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  00:11:45  
I'm sorry but I don't see the problem, the customer will choose the country and the other fields should billing fields will appear. Is that not happening? If not, can you send me on your FTP details so I can take a closer look?

Andy

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2018 :  11:57:51  
Andy,
Email sent.
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000