PHP (Unix / Linux / Apache) versions
 Reviews spry tab isn't opening on Prod Detail page
Author « Topic »  

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2020 :  22:27:08  
Example product: https://www.fingertechrobotics.com/proddetail.php?prod=G-2S-mAh

Clicking the stars or text just under the price should open the Reviews spry tab, but doesn't. The script called is this next line, but I don't know enough to diagnose further:

In includes.php:
$detailreviewstarstext='<a href="#reviews" onclick="TabbedPanels1.showPanel(\'reviewsTab\');">%totrating% stars, based on %numratings% review(s)</a>';

Something is wrong with that?

Thanks in advance.

Vince
Administrator

42475 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  03:29:47  
Hi Fingertech
I think what you want there is...
javascript:TabbedPanels1.showPanel(1);
...instead of...
TabbedPanels1.showPanel(\'reviewsTab\');
But also, as you are not returning false from the onclick function the page will also "jump" to the #reviews anchor. To stop this you could do...
<a href="#reviews" onclick="TabbedPanels1.showPanel(1);return false">
...or alternatively...
<a href="javascript:TabbedPanels1.showPanel(1);">
...removing the onclick entirely.

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  21:30:40  
Hi Vince, thanks for the reply. Using those with (1) always opens the second tab instead of the Reviews tab. Replacing with \'reviewsTab\' doesn't work though. What should it be?

Vince
Administrator

42475 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2020 :  23:46:48  
Hi Fingertech
In that case I'm afraid I don't think there is a way to do that. The only way I can see to open a Spry panel is via the panel number. Is it not possible to order the panels so that the Reviews panel is always second?

Vince

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  10:53:23  
Are you sure it can't open the Reviews tab? That's how the code came when we bought the Responsive design, unless Andy changed it when he was helping with the paid Site Makeover?

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  18:30:59  
Hi Fingertech, I've tried in both Firefox and Chrome and its opening the review tab. Can you try either clearing your browser history/cache or using a different browser to check that its working.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  18:39:42  
Hi Sinbad,
Have you been trying it only on products where Reviews is the second tab? Because it always opens the second tab, no matter what it is.
Try on a product like https://www.fingertechrobotics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ft-tinyESCv2

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2020 :  19:18:24  
Ah I see what you mean now.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Vince
Administrator

42475 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2020 :  03:17:13  
Hi Fingertech
quote:
Are you sure it can't open the Reviews tab? That's how the code came when we bought the Responsive design
Well I had a look into this this morning and it seems you can use an ID, if the tab has the ID set, but there isn't currently a way to do that so I'm not sure how Andy set this up. But I've made the changes so that you can set an ID and added it to the forthcoming v7.2 updater if you want to try, and you can get that here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/downloads.asp
You just need the incproddetail.php script for this (and this is the only change in incproddetail.php since v7.1.8), and once you have the new version you can set say...

$ecttabsspecials='<ecttab title="Reviews" id="reviewsTab" special="reviews">';

...and then linking to that ID will work.

Vince

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  18:09:34  
Hi Vince,

I uploaded the newest incproddetail.php

In includes.php,:
$ecttabsspecials='<ecttab title="Reviews" id="reviewsTab" special="reviews"><ecttab title="Related" special="related">';

I've tried with each of these (your earlier suggestions):
$detailreviewstarstext='<a href="#reviews" onclick="TabbedPanels1.showPanel(\'reviewsTab\');">%totrating% stars, based on %numratings% review(s)</a>';
$detailreviewstarstext='<a href="#reviews" onclick="javascript:TabbedPanels1.showPanel(\'reviewsTab\');">%totrating% stars, based on %numratings% review(s)</a>';
$detailreviewstarstext='<a href="#reviews" onclick="TabbedPanels1.showPanel(\'reviewsTab\');return false">%totrating% stars, based on %numratings% review(s)</a>';
$detailreviewstarstext='<a href="javascript:TabbedPanels1.showPanel(\'reviewsTab\');">%totrating% stars, based on %numratings% review(s)</a>';

I get this error:
TypeError: panels[tpIndex] is undefinedSpryTabbedPanels.js:384:2
showPanel https://www.fingertechrobotics.com/SpryAssets/SpryTabbedPanels.js:384
onclick https://www.fingertechrobotics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ft-minisumo-wheels-1125:1

Vince
Administrator

42475 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  04:16:24  
I tried with this ...
$detailreviewstarstext='<a href="javascript:TabbedPanels1.showPanel(\'reviewsTab\');">%totrating% stars, based on %numratings% review(s)</a>';
and no problem at all, I get the Reviews tab when I click. Can you double check it was the v7.2 updater you got the incprodetail.php script from? I've re-uploaded the updater again to make sure the changes are there.
You need to get the v7.2 updater from here...
https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/downloads.asp

Vince

Fingertech
Advanced Member

Canada
317 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  12:48:29  
Yep uploading the new 7.2 incproddetail.php got it working! Thanks Vince!

Edited by - Fingertech on 02/13/2020 22:36:28
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000