Cheb
Starting Member

Ireland
25 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 02/12/2020 :  14:52:57  
Hello,

I wonder could someone help me. We recently had our website redesigned through ecommerce (which we are really pleased with), the meta tags, description and keywords are no longer there. I did query this and was told that search engines don't use them anymore, still I would like to put them back in. Also when you search for our website on google it doesn't give any information about us like it use to it just says we use cookies (where it us to pull up the meta description).

Can anyone help?? My site is www.irishplantsdirect.ie

Thanks in advance

Cheryl

C.SAXTON

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7619 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2020 :  01:17:30  
Hi Cheryl,

On your home page you have:
<title>Irish Plants Direct Home And Gardens For A Huge Range Of Home Decor And Garden Products</title>
<meta name="description" content="Online Home Decor and Garden Products To Buy Online">
<meta name="keywords" content="Silk Flowers, Candles">

Browsing to your product and product detail pages I'm seeing:
<title>Irish Plants Direct Achillea Gold Plate Mr Fothergill's Range Seed, All FLOWER SEEDS, 27874</title>
<meta name="Description" content="A award winning easy to grow perennial with golden yellow flowers. FREE DELIVERY on orders over 49.99 euro to Ireland and Northern Ireland.">

and
<title>Irish Plants Direct Ageratum Blue Ball Kings Seed Range, All FLOWER SEEDS, King50701a</title>
<meta name="Description" content="An easy to grow annual that has large deep blue flowers. FREE DELIVERY on orders over 49.99 to Ireland and Northern Ireland.">

So that all looks fine to me.

As far as keywords are concerned there isn't a search engine on the planet that reads keywords so you'll be wasting your time adding any content under <meta name="keywords"

So to answer your question - it all looks good. There's a full outline of all the features available here - https://www.ecommercetemplates.com/help/search-engine-friendly.asp

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000