Off topic, News and Updates
 COVID-19 Are you prepared?
Author « Topic »  

Marshall
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
1874 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  07:00:50  
The coronavirus is taking an extensive toll on people all around the world. I cannot even fathom what many are going through. For that, I hope the best. And as more and more countries (or states) are enacting "self quarantine" rules, the collateral effects of the outbreak are being felt by everyone. Where I live, non life essential businesses must close. In my case, since I maintain several municipal websites, I am exempt. But for all the rest of you, I do hope you have contingency plans for what appears to be the inevitable: temporary business closure or interruption. I know most here are strictly online sales, but even that will take a hit at some point. That all said...

I hope everyone here makes it though this with little or no trouble beyond being stuck at home with your kids all day. And while it will be stressful, just remember "this too shall pass."

Marshall
CENLYT Productions - ms designs
Affordable Web Design
Custom Ecommerce Designs
Responsive Websites
Cenlyt.com

1818charlie
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
1180 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  10:15:28  
Am I prepared? That Marshall is a very good question. I can only say as prepared as the situation allows.

It's the same here in Bolton, North Manchester, UK. I count myself as fortunate in that what I do for a living has no restrictions placed upon us.

The whole area is like a ghost town, it's quite eerie going from the regular hustle & bustle of everyday 'noise' to hearing almost nothing. Living under one of the stacking areas for the aircraft coming in to Manchester International Airport, and being used to the few hundred aircraft a day overhead, to the very noticeable absence of the aircraft I thought would take some adjusting too. I never thought adjusting to silence happens so quickly!

With all the schools, colleges, pubs & clubs closed, all the sport is off, many shops closed; just goes to show how much we take for granted.

Times like this just goes to show that you don't miss what you've got til it's no longer there.

Wherever you are here's hoping that all keep well, that this problem is over as soon as safely possible and look out / after everyone.

Steve
Bolton, Lancashire, UK

Remember - Any edits to the ectcart.css file will be overwritten by updater's. ALL edits to ectcart.css rules should be placed in your style.css folder.

Edited by - 1818charlie on 03/22/2020 10:55:40

Steved
Ecommerce Template Guru

United Kingdom
1022 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  12:58:58  
Same for me Steve,

I live in Hertfordshire, UK near Stansted airport which is also very very quiet.

I also have another job which takes me into central London and last week it was like a ghost town.
I suspect this week I won’t even be leaving my house as we are nearing a lockdown in this country.
Let’s pray it’s over soon, though the daily news conferences talk of months not days.

Like you say though Marshall, I know it will pass. We just have to hang in there and look out for each other.

Steve

Edited by - Steved on 03/22/2020 14:20:43

Vince
Administrator

42470 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  13:09:35  
And here in Spain they have just announced an extra 15 days of quarantine so 3 more weeks to go. The kids are off school and my wife only has to go in once a week now to keep the plants they use for experiments alive so we're all at home now. I really feel for the small businesses here as I just don't know how many of them are going to cope, but hopefully the government is going to step up the help. On the plus side I play piano so am getting lots of practise in, and one of the reasons you are allowed to go out here is to walk the dog, so I just have to fight with my wife for who gets to take Penny out.
Be safe all of you and just think how much we are going to enjoy our freedom when we get it back!

Vince

Click Here for Shopping Cart Software
Click Here to sign up for our newsletter
Click Here for the latest updater

dbdave
ECT Moderator

USA
10277 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2020 :  13:53:31  
I am in a tough predicament.
My main source of income is the trophy and awards website.
Sales are generally based on events taking place, so that means little to no orders.
I have a dozen employees looking to me, wondering how long they will get a paycheck.

I have good cash reserves, but I will burn through it very fast if this keeps up.
My payroll is about $1300 per day, so last week we had a few days with sales under $500.00 per day.

We will probably cut hours so employees get some pay, but it eases the company burden.

Let's hope this doesn't last long, and that people go back to their old ways.
The longer people are subject to these changes, the more likely they will change habits. Some people may decide they want to isolate themselves more after this, so it's hard to tell.

David

Phil
ECT Moderator

United Kingdom
7622 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2020 :  03:03:41  
I live in Poulton Le Fylde, a semi rural district and small market town 5 miles inland from Blackpool. Fortunately I'm a one man band so I have very few expenses as I work from home, but my two sons and my daughter are all severely effected by this work wise.

Hopefully in 3-4 months things should improve, but at the moment it's worrying. The only good news around here is the seagulls have moved on because there are no longer any food scraps for them in the streets of Blackpool and the surrounding areas. Not sure where they've all gone but it's certainly a great deal quieter now :-)

* Database Migrations and Conversions*
* ASP to PHP Cart Conversions*

*Contact Us*
*Buy The PHP Capture Card Plugin*
*Rate Our Services/View Our Feedback*

Sinbad
ECT Moderator

USA
65936 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2020 :  12:25:38  
To all be safe and stay healthy, working from home for so long its a bit easier on me. My spouse on the other hand a has early cabin fever he's walking me like I'm Penny
This keeps coming to mind
quote:
As not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country
Stay home.

Winners never quit, quitters never win
CSS and Responsive Designs
User Manual for Ecommerce Templates

Positivek9
Ecommerce Template Guru

USA
4061 Posts

Pre-sales questions only
(More Details...)

Posted - 03/27/2020 :  11:10:36  
Hi all,

I'm here in North Carolina and live on 5 acres in an agriculture zoned area. It's always been quiet here other then cars passing as people go to/from work. And then the occasional planes flying overhead. Now there are fewer & fewer cars and hardly any planes. It seems strange...

I may just put my site on Vacation mode... most of my distributors stock levels are so low or out completely. I'll get an inventory file, update stock, get an order and have to cancel it as there is no stock when I go to place the order.

I have dog food auto shipped once a week to keep my 5 dogs fed, been doing this for 2 years. Last week I was notified that my order would take 7-10 days to ship due to the increase in people purchasing online. The last notice was 3 days to ship. Still hasn't shipped and I just opened my last 40# bag. Then my next auto-ship, they sent a notice to order that now, as it may take 7-10 days for that one, too. I just went and canceled the auto-ship orders..in part because I am still waiting on last week's order and they also raised the price by $6 a bag !!??!! I called my local distributor yesterday and ordered for pick-up, not the brand I really like but in these times, I'll take what I can get for them.

My husband is a truck driver so he is super busy delivering loads on the East Coast. It's getting harder & harder for him to find food out there, and places to park the truck for his breaks. He's also out there risking exposure all the time... He comes home on the weekends & I wipe all his stuff down & make sure he scrubs his hands, then I wipe anything he touched when he came in. I keep telling him I'm going to make an outdoor shower soon... Ha! He doesn't think that's funny... I'm almost half serious about it.

I hope everyone stays safe and this will pass sooner rather than later.

Julie
Owned & loved by 5 German Shepherds
~ RIP Menace & Peanut ~
  « Topic »  
Jump To:
Shopping Cart Software Forum for Ecommerce Templates © 2002-2022 ecommercetemplates.com
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000